Tales From the Darkside:The Movie DVD...Really is a good transfer!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Oct 13, 2001.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    According to DVDfile, in their review it said that Tales From the Darkside:The Movie, had horrible darks/black levels. And that the picture was pretty bad.
    Well, I just watched this last week, and I must say it's actually pretty damn decent. The movie is actually dark, with very little light scenes. So, the picture wasn't stellar, nor will it be stellar.
    For what the movie is, I found the picture pretty good!
    ------------------

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I agree. This is easily the best this film has ever looked on video. DVDFile really missed the boat on this one, and it's not the first time.
    M.

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

HorrorDVDs.com posted a review also comparing the video quality to VHS. No idea where all of that is coming from.
    I have a review at http://dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=2780 if anyone's intensely bored. In the commentary, Harrison and Romero mention that they're watching this DVD on a rather large screen, and if memory serves, they even say something along the lines of it looking better than the film did theatrically.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

4. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

In the interests of fairness, here is the quote from the HorrorDVDs.com review: