What's new

"Tales From The Crypt" documentary 2-DVD set! (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I ran across this on the web today...looks kinda interesting (and I LOVE the DVD case!)

(edit) It's a documentary about the EC Comics of the 50's and the adaptation of "Tales from the Crypt" from comic book form to film (HBO series).

Did anyone see the original documentary that apparently ran on AMC at one time? Being a huge EC Comics fan, this looks like a "must-buy"!

Tales DVD website

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I wish whoever owns the rights would release the Amicus feature film from 1972...

Robert Stanley

Auditioning
Eric, thanks for the heads-up on this! I was a bit concerned that the price seemed a bit steep set when I ordered it, but those feelings all went away when I got the set in the mail today! I knew all the facts of the EC story already and still, I was in heaven-- I didn't want it to end!

The picture quality is really terrific. The comic art was very carefully scanned and it all looks immacculate. The filmmakers used After Effects with great results in both the animated menus and the documentary itself. The bit-rate on both discs is high (both discs are dual-layer, BTW) and the sound is nicely mixed. The 5.1 track had one werewolf effect that actually made me laugh (I mean that in a good way), but most of the sound is coming from the front, as it should be. The sound on some of the archival footage isn't in the best of shape, but you can clearly understand what is being said. Luckily, it doesn't last very long.

Also on the first disc is an hour-long get together between Al Feldstein and Ray Bradbury. I really enjoyed that section too.

I haven't watched any of the second disc and I already feel I've gotten my money's worth. If you're an EC fan this is a MUST HAVE DVD. I haven't been this thoroughly satisfied with a DVD purchase in a long time. Kudos to everyone involved.

Now I hope the Frazetta "Painting With Fire" DVD set will be this good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks