Taking screen shots?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Walsh, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Can I take a screen shot of a movie using my DVDrom drive? I am pretty sure I can but in my stupidity I can not figure out how. If you could let me know that would be great. Sorry for the ignorance.

-Eric

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    To do screen caps, the software has to be able to do it. I use PowerDVD, works great. I also use it to cap screens from MPEG videos and sutff...

3. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Ok Nick I have PowerDVD but I still don't understand how to do it. I tried to find out how but am coming up short. Could you aid me in this process. By the way I am extremely busy and tired by the time I get around to trying to do these sort of things so maybe that is where my troubles are coming from.

-Eric

4. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Well, for the usual usages, you can just hit the print-screen key.

If that still doesn't work, there's an app out there called "Hyper Snap" that is designed for that single purpose.

Good luck!

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Printscreen wont work taking screenshots of a DVD movie, coz itll just come up with a black area where the video was. It like overlays it or soemthing (dont know the term). Iunno if hypresnap is the same thing, but you cant take screencaps of video with normal methods.

PowerDVD shoudl have a place to setup your screen captures (Mine is in the GENERAL preferneces' ADVANCED perferences.

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Then you just hit the little camera icon on the panel to take the shot.

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    A lot of image utilities out there also do screen captures. PaintShopPro 6.0 at least does it. It's a bit dated but I've used it before. You can configure the hot-key or the mouse and you can decide whether to capture just a window, a screen, and other options..

Jay