taking exam 70-270 any advise?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Troy*H, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Troy*H

Troy*H Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, I will be taking the 70-270 exam in the near future. Have any of you taken it? Have any tips? How is the test laid out?(multiple choice, hands on stuff...) Hard? Harder than you thought it would be? What is the most important thing to focus on for the test? I guess anything else you can mention about it would be of help.

Thanks for the advise!

Troy

2. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

I have no idea what the "70-270" exam is.

Jonny K. [​IMG]

3. Colin Dunn

Colin Dunn Supporting Actor

Exam 70-270 is Microsoft's Windows XP certification:

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-270.asp

Didn't take it though ... I renewed my MCSE on the Win2K track, and will probably step up to Win2003 through the two-exam upgrade process next year.

4. David Broome

David Broome Stunt Coordinator

I went through the MCSD certification process for the company (though I feel it is a total waste of time, I won't bore you with my rant).

None of them were that hard, as long as you had experience with the product. If you have never touched a computer and then took a 1 week course to pass the test, well, then you might have trouble.

Couple of things I learned:
    1) Don't wear a sweater. The testing room might be an oven.
    2) Don't eat 2 sausage biscuits for breakfast from McDonalds before taking the test (or Taco Bell or whatever). It is amazing how distracting gas can be [​IMG]
    3) Don't take them too close together. I took 4 exams in 4 weeks, and that made me get behind in other work.