Taken

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Neil_Duffy, May 21, 2004.

1. Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy Second Unit

Can anyone give me the breakdown/quality of the R1 Taken set.

I heard there were problems when this was released so I held off. Where these probelms solved?

What are the extras like? How long?

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I thought the quality was great, but the set sucked. It was very expensive, and totally skimpy on the extras. I think they totaled 40 mins or so (38 sounds about right). I know press releases are supposed to make a set sound great, but they made it sound like there would be WAY more extras on there.

I think "Taken" refers to what the customer got.

Gord

3. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Agreed, the extras were nothing more than than had already been shown on the Sci-Fi channel. The price, however, was not that far out of line for other 20-hour packaages, IMHO.

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Yes, it was. Maybe not as much as The X-Files or Star Trek, but way more than Buffy or pretty much any hour-long modern show from network TV or basic cable.

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

It was fewer than 20 hours (it was 10, 1.5 hour episodes with the commercials taken out).

You don't find a $119.99 US SRP expensive? Compare that to Buffy Season 6 ($59.98), Millenium ($59.98), or Stargate SG-1 Season 6 ($69.95) it seems expensive to me. All those sets contain some nice extras as well.

Gord