What's new

Taken (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Can anyone give me the breakdown/quality of the R1 Taken set.

I heard there were problems when this was released so I held off. Where these probelms solved?

What are the extras like? How long?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I thought the quality was great, but the set sucked. It was very expensive, and totally skimpy on the extras. I think they totaled 40 mins or so (38 sounds about right). I know press releases are supposed to make a set sound great, but they made it sound like there would be WAY more extras on there.

I think "Taken" refers to what the customer got.

Gord

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Agreed, the extras were nothing more than than had already been shown on the Sci-Fi channel. The price, however, was not that far out of line for other 20-hour packaages, IMHO.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it was. Maybe not as much as The X-Files or Star Trek, but way more than Buffy or pretty much any hour-long modern show from network TV or basic cable.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It was fewer than 20 hours (it was 10, 1.5 hour episodes with the commercials taken out).

You don't find a $119.99 US SRP expensive? Compare that to Buffy Season 6 ($59.98), Millenium ($59.98), or Stargate SG-1 Season 6 ($69.95) it seems expensive to me. All those sets contain some nice extras as well.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks