Taken/Buffy (UK viewer here...)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Deborah*T, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Deborah*T

Deborah*T Agent

Hope there isn't already an official "Taken" thread. Couldn't find it.
    Anyhow, we are only on the first episode here in the UK and somebody...pleeeeease....tell me it gets better!
    Maybe I just hyped it in me head too much but....sheesh, it is not so good. Another 9 episodes to get better.
    First episode of Buffy series 7 is on Thursday and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it. Would have posted that in the official Buffy thread but don't wanna see any Spoilers by accident. Is it good? Is it?? Is it???
    [​IMG]

2. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

Season 7 is fantastic! You're in for a real treat. [​IMG]

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Hey, you haven't even gotten to Matt Frewer in his best role since Max Headroom yet, or Dakota Fanning being scary-good. Of course, I liked the first half a lot - the generational aspect was fun for me.

As for Buffy Y7, it starts out firing on all cylinders, but I'm starting to worry that it may be getting too bogged down in the continuing storyline.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I've got to agree with Jason (well, sort of)... the first week is the setup, the second week is the payoff. The first episode drags the most of them all, in my opinion.

5. Deborah*T

Deborah*T Agent

Jason said:

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

We're up to Buffy 7x11 in the US, and so far, I'd say it's the best season since 3.

7. Deborah*T

Deborah*T Agent

Buffy Episode 1 series 7 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Great opener. Loved the whole shape shifty thing at the end. Jonothan then Gloria then Adam then the Mayor...brilliant. And mad Spike!
    Not so sure I like "at one with the earth" Willow. Hope she chills a bit over the series.
    Over all a big [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of 5.
    Glad to have it back on the telly.

8. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I loved what they did with Willow at the beginnign of season 7. With a few lines of dialogue, they managed to clean up all their misteps in season 6. Mainly, they clarified that she wasn't a magic addict. What happened was she had a great deal of power and no one had taught her the right way to use it. Her friends termed it an addiction because of their lack of experience. She didn't need to give up magic, she needed to start recognizing authority, which has always been her problem really.

9. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

10. Deborah*T

Deborah*T Agent

Dan Said:

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

We have been promised something a bit more light-hearted than season 6, but we seem to be promised that every season and it never happens. Well, season 6 was pretty light hearted if you don't count the Willow story.

On Willow, no one really taught her how to use magic. There was Tara, but she never recognized Tara as having any authority. Buffy either, for that matter. She has authority issues probably stemming from her mother. I hope we see Willow's mother again at some point. It's been 4 years.

12. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Back to TAKEN for a moment: I caught some of the middle episodes when SciFi did their marathon and I was very impressed and intrigued. They said it was coming to DVD "in 2003" but I have been unable to find a release date for this. Does anyone here know when we can expect the DVDs? I already asked in the Software forum, but I got no replies.

Thanks,

Deborah

13. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

14. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Thanks, Adam.

Deborah