What's new

"Taken 2" (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang,
Have not read anything about this on here. I am heading out to see this tonight. Has anyone had a chance to see it yet?
I will post my 2 cents after I see it. I am not expecting greatness from this, but I enjoyed the first one and suspect that this will be simply more of the same. I'm okay with that!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The main problem with "Taken 2" is that it has really uninteresting bad guys, and does a hefty job in stretching one's incredulity when it comes to how far the daughter has come since the last film. I wanted to like it more, but it needed a better script.
I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I gave it ***/****. It was not quite as good as the first movie, and you did have to suspend disbelief regarding the daughter and
how she was able to track down her parents.
This was also the second movie I saw in Dolby Atmos. I heard ceiling effects twice during the movie. Dolby Atmos still has a ways to go, IMO.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Just got back from seeing it.
It was pretty much as expected. It had some really cool bits near the beginning, but ultimately fell flat.
I just wanted it to become a bigger story, rather than just a localized run and gun show.
Cinematography was top notch. Acting was great all around. I just wanted to see this be something more immersive/impressive.
The ending could have been good, but again, fell flat. I was confused when
the lead bad guy was killed. Liam just kinda banged his head against the wall and he was dead. I felt like I missed something.
Overall, I would give it 2.5/5 stars.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen it yet, will probably wait and rent it for a few dollars.
Sounds like the typical "Gosh, we've got a hit with Taken, let's make up a sequel", rather than a planned series of films like "Lord of the Rings" or "Harry Potter". From what I've read, although they did fairly well, was just throw something together because the first one was so successful.

Audvot Shopno

Auditioning
Real Name
meghbalika
This is one of the good movie series and i would like to say thanks to share a good new movie. ships for sale . I love this movies actress and also the history of this good movie and i really got this from this forum.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
We just watched this film this evening. Stupid, silly fun -- much like the first. And you did miss something. :)
Scott McGillivray said:
I was confused when
the lead bad guy was killed. Liam just kinda banged his head against the wall and he was dead. I felt like I missed something.
He
hit his head onto a hook on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks