What's new

Take back our games!!! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I want to organize a boycott of any video game that features a "season pass," but I just don't think it'll work. :(

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't buy season passes. I rarely even preorder. That said, the best thing you could do is only buy a season pass if/when it goes on sale. For instance, I got Arkham Knight for like $20 or $30 then bought the season pass when it went on sale for like $15 or $20. I paid less total than the full-price release and got all of the content.

For about 6 months to a year, I would buy the collector's editions and preorder games. I had the money and they were fun. But then I realized how much of a waste it was, since most of the stuff is crap that I'll never cherish or look at again. Now I wait for used or on sale. I don't get season passes or DLC, either, unless its really good or really cheap. That's why I didn't play the Bioshock 2 or Infinite DLC at all.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never pre-order anymore. The exception was the Fallout 4 Pipboy special edition. My backlog of games is too deep to worry about getting new releases the second they are out. Wait a few months and buy them collected on sale.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
...And with all the bugs fixed!

If only! I had a game breaking bug on Assassins Creed 3 on the PS3 a year after the complete pack went on sale. Checking online, it was known in the DLC when the DLC was released. Kind of put me off the series.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I never buy a game until it's in a collection or bundle. I'm still playing FO3 (well, I need to repair the sound...again!) ... also the Tomb Raider game. Not the one that just came out, the one that came out BEFORE! :) wait wait and wait somemore. It's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks