What's new

Takashi Miike's IZO - Just tell me this doesn't look cool. (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Miike's "Gozu" is premiering in the US in August! As theatrical distribution for Miike in the US has been scattershot at best (and mostly festival-related), this bodes well for continued distribution (including - hopefully - "Izo" as well!).

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
That trailer made my brain hurt(in a good way!). Miike and Kitano! F$%%ing sweet!

--Ian

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I'm hoping this might turn up at the Toronto Film Festival this September. I emailed the programmer for the Midnight Madness series with the link. It would make a killer presentation. Here's hoping.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I hear ya on that. I wish everything was in Quicktime personally. Sounds the best and can look the best. PLus it's the only one I know that will download it all before you play it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Looks great!

I'm a newbie to Takashi, having only seen Audition, and enjoyed it. I've heard about Dead Or Alive, and Ichi the Killer, are they worth blind buys? I've finally found them at a decent price locally.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Russell, I suggest renting them first...Miike's an acquired taste.

I was dead bored during most of Dead or Alive. Except the hilarious over-the-top ending.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
ICHI THE KILLER is an extreme, sensationalistic experience to say the least. I have a fairly high tolerance for gore, abuse, misogyny and sadomasochism in the movies, but ICHI pushes the envelope in all departments and could be unpleasant if you're not accustomed to such nasty characters. Miike's style is all over it, but the numerous beatings of women to a pulp and piercings of body parts is pretty strong meat. It's not without humour, but I recommend reading some reviews first.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Wow, what a trailer. Looks awesome! Anyone got room to host it? I have a downloaded version that is 7.49 megs. I am on my way to work but should be home about noon (mountain time) on Wed. If anyone can host it let me know and I'll send it to you. one question in advance... will AOL allow me to send a file that large? Leave me a message here on this thread.

Awesome, that's all I can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davido626
Recent bookmarks