What's new

Tainted Spinach (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, heard about that this morning...

Killer Spinach? Imagine being a vegetarian, being vocal about meat being bad for you, yelling at everyone to be healthy, rolling your eyes at anyone who eats fast food, etc. and then get taken down by spinach...:D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Apparently they may have found the source:

The outbreak was traced to Natural Selection Foods, based in San Juan Bautista, California, and the company has voluntarily recalled products containing spinach.

Natural Selection Foods said in a statement that it was cooperating with federal and state health officials to identify the source of the contamination and had stopped shipping all fresh spinach products.

They are sold under the brand names Rave Spinach, Natural Selection Foods, Dole, Earthbound Farm, Trader Joe's, Ready Pac and Green Harvest.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Reminds me of a certain movie involving killer tomatoes...

Quick! Everyone sing Puberty Love! That'll protect us! :D

The question I'd like answered is how did the spinach end up contaminated with E-Coli? Was it in the water supply? And if so, how did that become contaminated? Polluted waste from a factory? Raw sewage dumped in the water supply? The company may have a useless field on their hands now...

Jim_F

Screenwriter

(My own pure speculation) One of the suspect packages was labeled "organic". I wonder if it came along with the "fertilizer".

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Spinach leaves can make great toilet paper in a pinch, so......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks