Tag Mclaren AV32R ----> AV192R

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy_Mann, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Randy_Mann

Randy_Mann Stunt Coordinator

For all who are interested they have given a update as to what path the AV32R will be taking towards the AV192R. Pretty interesting. Only wish I knew what price bracket they are trying for here. Are we talking $6k and under or more like $10k and above.
    http://www.tagmclarenaudio.com/dev/news/news102.asp

2. Buzz Goddard

Buzz Goddard Extra

There will be many options so the price could conceivably span the range you mention or more. Obviously a high quality video scaler, the digital video interface tuner etc, are expensive to do right, and, also obviously, not everyone will want them (or afford them).
    The base price is $4000 for the AV32R...
    ------------------
    Buzz Goddard
    TAG McLaren Audio

3. Zbigniew

Zbigniew Stunt Coordinator

Oh my God...
    Buzz, can I insist that you take as a trade in my daughter ? She is 8, really smart, and some day will make a fortune....
    Now, can I det 192 without video switcher/scaler ? Will such a combination possible - audio only ?
    Regards,
    _zjt

4. Randy_Mann

Randy_Mann Stunt Coordinator

Buzz,
    Let me get this straight. At a base price of $4000+$500 for 7.1, you get the AV32R-EX. Notwithstanding all the upgrades like the scaler, the DVI, etc., can one just upgrade to the av192 for the better dacs, more horsepower, and larger case? I thought that I read it right there in the press release, but just wanted to clarify. Also, did I read that right, there will be an FM tuner in there as an option? Something along the same price point as Tag's own T32R?