What's new

Tactile transducer INSTEAD of a sub (1 Viewer)

ScottC33

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Clark
So here's the deal -- newbie on the forum, by the way, and a big movie buff -- I am EXTREMELY happy with my 5.1 HT set-up, but I live in a top-floor apartment. Unfortunately, I am VERY considerate of the neighbors. My plan, for those times when I feel l like the volume should not be turned way up, is to use Sennheiser 558 headphones (already have and love them) with a tactile transducer INSTEAD of my sub.

My question is two-fold:

1. Will this plan get me as close as I can reasonably get to recreating the low frequencies that a sub provides, or are those tactile transducers only beneficial if used in ADDITION to a sub?

And...

2. Will my neighbors be bothered by the transducer, or are they designed such that there is no sound transmission through walls?

Thanks in advance for any input from those who have experience in this area. Damn, home theater is fun!!!!

Scott

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1. No idea.

2. They have to shake something. So if you mount a Buttkicker to a couch, the couch will shake you but it will also shake the floor, the walls, etc. How much shake depends on how high you turn it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks