Tactile Sound Transducer DIY????

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DarrinG, Aug 16, 2003.

1. DarrinG

DarrinG Extra

I was wondering if any one has made there own Tactile Sound Transducer.

If so could you please help me out.

Thanks

Darrin

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I tried it years ago with an 8" woof but for some reason cold not get it to work. I used this technique found on this page, I'm surprised it's still up and running.
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_4_2/tactile.html
    With the price of transducers so cheep I'm not sure if it's worth the time and effort to do a DIY. Parts Express has them for $29. a pair.

Wes

3. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Wes is right, the time/trouble to make a tactile transducer is not justified because of the cost of the closeout Aura's. Buy some, modify them (do a search), and you will be more than happy.
    JP

4. Joel X

Joel X Stunt Coordinator

I certainly would not rule these things out since old drivers might be laying around doing nothing and with the larger motor structures that a subwoofer would have compared to a bass-shaker they are very viable. I have not made any yet but I demoed two old sub boxes from past vehicles and they are just asking to be put back into some kind of service. There is one thing that I might do differently than the tutorial shows and that would be to diminish the size of the perforated steel so it would be a little more free to move...Or perhaps something along the lines of a 1" 10AWG spring to span the opening. Just a thought...

5. Tom Blizzard

Tom Blizzard Stunt Coordinator

I followed those instructions to the "T". It didn't work!! Too much time, not any tactle![​IMG]

I bought 6 @ $29 a pair. [​IMG]