What's new

Tablet/TV/Soundbar question. (1 Viewer)

robwalte

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hey all - I'm looking for input/advice.

I'm finishing a room in my basement to use as a home gym. I'm putting up a smart TV (probably a TCL for the Roku features) as well as a TCL soundbar. I want to mount an Android tablet (Fire HD, mini-usb out) on the wall, and be able to stream music and mirror the tablet to the TV, using the soundbar as the main speaker. Multiple people will be using the room, and I want them to be able to switch their profile on the Fire tablet to stream their own music/video from their own accounts.

I know I can do this wirelessly, but I'd rather hard wire it. I haven't drywalled yet.

I'm thinking about putting a brush plate in the wall next to the tablet, then using a mini-USB cable going to a USB to HDMI adapter, then running HDMI to the TV in.

I initially thought of putting in some in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, but felt it was kind of overkill for a gym, and didn't really want to shell out for a massive receiver. That said, I'm open to any ideas to accomplish the above. Looking for the wisdom of the crowd!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks