Table Saw Rip Fences

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dustin B, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Just wanted to post an FYI. Bought my dad a new rip fence for his aging but still in good working order table saw. The old fence was nearily useless. Did some research and decided on the MuleCab Accusquare.

http://www.mulecab.com/products.asp?mnu_Products=1

Cost ranges from $190-$230USD for rail lengths ranging from 40"-72". Haven't used it to build anything yet. But from the install process and a few test cuts I can testify to its quality of construction and the accuracy it displayed on the few test cuts we made.

If you're in the market for a new rip fence, or just aren't happy with your current one I'd recommend looking at the Accusquare.

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

That looks like a nice fence. Where did you get one in Canada. A big box or a local supply company?

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

You can get it from MuleCab. I think they are manufactured in the US so NAFTA should apply. But they do have a Canadian Online distributor which is where I bought.

http://store.thesawshop.com/catalogu...6c423b84ef8b82

The Saw Shop also has what appears to be some pretty decent table saws at reasonable prices that are sold with an AccuSquare fence.

4. wayne-sun

wayne-sun Agent

What brand/size saw did you buy it for? I've been hunting for a good quality one for years but have always had an issue with prices, this looks pretty reasonable if the quality is there.

5. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

This fence is a bit overkill for his current saw (it really is worth more than the saw right now). It's a Rockwell/Beaver purchased in the mid 80's at a closeout of a shop in a small town.

It works well enough for the amount of wood working we do, or at least it will now that the new fence is on it. I don't know when or if I'll purchase my own saw.

6. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

I would take a rockwell over pretty much anything sold today