What's new

Tabitha (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Along with a new rumour about the release of BW a new one about Tabitha came about as well. This was from RP who posted on the Bewitched website Harpies Bizarre with info she's gleaned from a contact within Sony.

Posted by RP on March 26, 2005, 1:33 pm

I received another update on the DVD's last night:
June 21 release definite - Announcement April 5th or 12th.

...TABITHA series will be two discs. (6 episodes each, I guess)

Also, this is NOT firm by any means...Again, take with a grain of salt.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
According to the Sony news release, Tabitha is being released with 13 episodes so by my count that should include the original pilot since there were only 12 Lisa Hartman episodes made. Good for them. Now if we could only get them to dig out the 2 unaired All in the Family pilots and include them at some point.

Dale_

Agent

I know that, I was just being sarcastic. Tabitha's rapid aging is just one of those things the producers hoped we wouldn't notice, like Darrin getting a foot and a half taller or Catwoman's sudden racial shift.

I would, however, love to know what Chuck Cunningham could have done that was so horrible, no one in the family ever spoke of him again...

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I take the view that Chuck Cunningham, like all characters who disappear without explanation from TV shows, was transported to that unknown region in the great beyond that spirited Colonel Forbes and Colonel Harrington away in the Twilight Zone episode "And When The Sky Was Opened". :D (You can just see Chuck one day saying, "I feel like I don't belong here," and then vanishes and no one remembers him!)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
VideoETA.com has listed a suggested retail price of $29.95 for Tabitha available on 6/21/05.

I think that price is much too high for that series. I was thinking more along the lines of $19.95, which I expect will probably be the going price at Best Buy or on Amazon.com.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

He fell in love with and married a black girl, and this being the 1950s, the conservative family never spoke to him again (only joking, folks, though this sort of reaction wouldn't have been unusual at the time. Thank goodness those days are mostly behind us).

I do think it was a nice surprise to bring out both Chucks on that recent reunion special hosted by Garry Marshall.

Dale_

Agent
He fell in love with and married a black girl, and this being the 1950s, the conservative family never spoke to him again

The depression caused him to overeat and he put on about 100 pounds. Exiled from the family in disgrace, he moved to New York and changed his name to Tom Willis...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
TSoD posted Sony's official announcement of Tabitha today...pretty much solidifying all the rumors of before but with some cool cover art!

I'm pretty excited for this but even more so for the original BW!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Sony has posted the Tabitha series up for pre-order on their site and they do list the Liberty Williams/Bruce Kimmel original pilot as one of the included episodes! Awesome!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I saw that Pavan had posted a review for this release over at Sitcoms Online. It sounds excellent! Especially the part about chapter stops, play all and vibrant colors on the video.

I can't wait to read the upcoming reviews of BW!

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I started watching these episodes last night. Now, I loved this show when it originally aired but I was only around 7 or 8 yrs old. Obviously my tastes back then were pretty simple because I can see why this show never made it past 12 episodes. It's awful. But I'm loving it anyway. :D

I can also see where fans would get upset with the continuity of the show. In the episode I watched Adam called Tabitha his "kid sister" but on "Bewitched" she was the older one. Talk about a glaring discrepancy. And from what I heard, on "Tabitha" Adam is a mortal and has no powers but on "Bewitched" he did. Actually, I always thought he didn't on "Bewitched", but that isn't true?

So what do the rest of you think about this show?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
This show is not even an 1/8th as good as it's "mother" but it's still fun to watch.

I noticed that too about Adam calling Tabitha his kid sister. I guess they changed it to work more in the context of him being a protective older brother.

Adam did have powers on Bewitched. In Episode #242: "Adam, Warlock or Washout" his powers are to be tested by Enchantra and Grimalda and Endora to determine whether Samantha's mortal marriage should remain intact. Maurice, Samantha's father, finds that Adam doesn't show to be magically inclined so he endows him with some of his powers which allows Adam to fly and pop out. Later on he admits that he gave the magical assist to Adam and that he doesn't show any powers. That's where it seems people stop watching. Right after that Samantha says that maybe Adam was too scared to do witchcraft because of Darrin always getting mad about it so Darrin gives his permission and Samantha shows Adam how to levitate a seashell, which he then does on his own powers. He even zaps his mommy into the kitchen at the end of the episode.

He didn't show his powers in any episodes after that which is too bad.

But back to Tabitha, I'm glad it was released on DVD as I like that Dr. Bombay and the Kravitzes made appearances on the show.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I finally got around to watching Tabitha this weekend. I remember watching it when it was originally on, and while it was memorable I can see why it didn't last that long. It's pretty mediocre. For some reason, I always remembered Adam on Bewitched as being a mortal, but I guess that is wrong.

Yeah, the whole mysterious aging of both Adam and Tabitha is rather lame, but once I just accepted it I did enjoy the show. To a point. As I said, it's pretty mediocre. There's nothing worse than an unfunny sitcom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks