T2: Ultimate TIN- OOP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan V, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

I've been looking around, and people seem only to have the cardboard reissue of Terminator 2: Ultimate edition. There are 3 versions of this edition: a single disc in a metal tin case; a two disc set in a metal tin case; and a two disc set in a cardboard that's made to look like tin. All versions have the same content; I just want to know if the 2 disc tin still exists, and where I might pick it up. After all, this is the (arguably) quintessential special edition.

Thanks so much!

Nathan

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

It exists... but has been OOP for quite a while. I have seen it in EBGAMES and GameStop as a used title, so you may wanna look there

3. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

The 2-disc tin is long gone in new retail. It was replaced by the 1-disc tin. It's gone, too, but not by nearly so long, and there are still some new copies floating around. The CompUSA I used to work for had two a couple months ago. Another CompUSA had at least one around the same time. Even at that time, they were nearly impossible to find. But CompUSA put them on the shelves after they went OOP, so they probably had them stored in a warehouse somewhere from the last time they sold DVDs (they sold DVDs over a year ago, then stopped, and now they've started again). Still, most people don't look for them there, so there's a decent chance you might find one there, if the one-disc tin is acceptable to you (personally, I'd rather have the 1-disc tin than the 2-disc cardboard, and I do own the 1-disc tin). Actually, I'll take a look at both tomorrow to see if they still have them, and if they do and you're interested, I could pick one up for you. Let me know.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I was lucky enough to find a metal sleeve version at my local BestBuy just a couple of months ago! Same price as all the cardboard sleeves surrounding it. I was psyched! [​IMG]

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I bought mine when it first came out, glad I did at the time, and was also my first ever dvd I bought
    [​IMG]

6. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Second Unit

i found one at my Local BlockBuster for $29.99 new. its the one disc tin sleve... i have the cardboard one. been thinking bout grabbing up the one disc version...

7. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

Don't forget that there's a new, penultimate version in the works, too. Anyone have the details? I remeber it being in its own thread.

8. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

9. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I also bought mine when they first came out. I had to search through a lot of single disc copies to find one of the 2-Disc sets. I greatly prefer to have a two disc set. The double sided DVD's don't look as good (I know that doesn't truly matter in the end), plus they are damaged more easily. I store all my discs in Case Logic cases, and the double siders always end up with one scratched and dirty side. Luckily, it's always the full-screen side [​IMG]

10. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I bought one at Blockbuster a few months back for $26.99

What was released on that day? September 24 is going to be huge, also November 12 will be a contender for the biggest day ever (Star Wars, LOTR Extended, Bad Company, South Park season 1). Another big day would be back in November 2000 with the one-two punch combination of Gladiator and X-Men.

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I saw one at Blockbuster for $32.99 a couple days ago.

12. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Matt,

I know that I purchased:

Braveheart
    Boogie Nights: SE (2-disc)
    Magnolia
    North by Northwest
    Sound of Music: 5-star
    Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition

on that day, but I would assume I'm missing something.

Not my one day biggest output, but at the time it was a huge day.

-Chad

13. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

If you live in the long beach/lakewood california area, the best buy in lakewood had a whole shelf, about 40-50 copies of the metal tin version. I don't know if it is the two or one disk version, just that it is the tin. I was like wow, that is alot of t2 disks......

Just fyi!

R~

14. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

YAY! I finally found it, after months of searching, at the Wherehouse, for FOURTEEN DOLLARS!!!

It was the 2 disc tin, it was used, but damn, don't you love that feeling of finding something that cool that you've been looking for for that long?

15. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

16. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

I have the T2 tin autographed by the man himself. I won it on auction of the official Schwarzenegger site.

17. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

And Here I was about to brag about my 2-disk tin autographed by Stan Winston at the San Diego Comic Con.

Oh, well. Keeping up with the Joneses...

Back on my meds,

CS

18. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

How about Uber-ultimate? [​IMG]
    Then again, maybe there's going to be a 4th version released in the T3 super-pack...

19. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

A re-release of T2:SE is scheduled for 2003.

20. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit