T2: UE Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Kuhns, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Adam Kuhns

Adam Kuhns Extra

I've been having audio skipping problems on Terminator 2 in both DTS and 5.1 modes. What happens is, at certain points in the movie, always when a camera angle changes, the audio skips briefly. Although it's only a word or two, it gets annoying. The digital surround/surround indicator and DTS/5.1 indicator on my receiver flicker with the skips. Is this a problem with my DVD player or my receiver? My player is pretty crappy compared to my receiver so I tend to think it's the player. One thing I have noticed is that some of those points are near deleted scenes. Perhaps it could be a seamless branching compatibility problem? My DVD player is a Philips DVD781CH (5-disc changer) and my receiver is a Philips FR975.

2. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    Hello Adam, and welcome to the forum. I suspect you've answered your own question: this sounds like a compatibility issue with the disc's seamless branching feature.
    If your player is still under warranty you should contact the retailer you bought it from. If you can check the disc on another player of the same model this should at least isolate whether the problem is specific to your individual player or a compatibility problem with the model (in which case Philips may be able to help).
    Adam

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

4. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

T2: Ultimate Edition has many known compatibility problems. I have only heard the problem with the DTS track. The Dolby Digital track play flawlessly. My copy had a slip right in the cover that explained how the disc might not play perfectly in all players. I get about 4 or 5 dropouts on the DTS track and it happens on either version. For waht it's worth, this is the only disc I have a problem with.
    -Dean-
    ------------------
    My HT Equipment
    "I've seen you and you are not cool."