T2 UE questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobR, Jan 18, 2002.

1. RobR

RobR Second Unit

Could someone kindly tell me in which scenes I can find the the additional footage of the extended director's cut (accessible as an Easter egg) in Terminator 2 Ulitmate Edition? I'm currently unable to watch the entire film due to my busy schedule.

My other question: How did they fit three versions of the movie on one disc (plus DTS, DD, etc.)? Did they use any kind of overlapping tricks?

2. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Stunt Coordinator

There's two additional scenes in the Easter Egg cut - the first is where the T-1000 is in John Connor's bedroom, running his hands over everything in his room looking for clues, and then the "good future" ending.

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

They used "seamless branching," where the player will jump to an extra scene, then back to the movie, without pause. The entire film is not on disc three times.

-Scott

4. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

RobR,
    I got this from the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com).
    This is what is in the special edition (the bold items are what's on the 3rd version)

5. Juan C Toro

Juan C Toro Stunt Coordinator

Rob:

I am telling you this by memory, so take it with a grain of salt:

If you want to access the longest cut of the movie, there is a sequence of numbers you have to type at the main menu selection, which is the date of the nuclear holocaust in the movie. But the manner to do it varies with different DVD players, so is tricky. But simply start the movie and using your remote, change to Title 3, and voila (Title 1 is the Theatrical Cut, and Title 2 the Director's Cut). Check with the "display" button of you remote to compare the running times of the various cuts.

If you only want to see the individual scenes, there is a section in the documentary (which is a bit cumbersome the way is broken in pieces, in my opinion), that deals with these scenes.

How can they fit three versions of the movie and the various audio tracks: two words - Seamless Branching.

JC

6. RobR

RobR Second Unit

Thanks for all your help [​IMG]

7. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    The scenes are also in the deleted scenes area. It should be noted that the hidden version of the film is NOT a director's cut.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Man, just go to DVD Review's Easter Egg section and see exactly how to access all the hidden features of this release, including the 3rd cut of the movie!