What's new

T2 UE questions (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
Could someone kindly tell me in which scenes I can find the the additional footage of the extended director's cut (accessible as an Easter egg) in Terminator 2 Ulitmate Edition? I'm currently unable to watch the entire film due to my busy schedule.

My other question: How did they fit three versions of the movie on one disc (plus DTS, DD, etc.)? Did they use any kind of overlapping tricks?

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
There's two additional scenes in the Easter Egg cut - the first is where the T-1000 is in John Connor's bedroom, running his hands over everything in his room looking for clues, and then the "good future" ending.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
They used "seamless branching," where the player will jump to an extra scene, then back to the movie, without pause. The entire film is not on disc three times.

-Scott

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
RobR,
I got this from the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com).
This is what is in the special edition (the bold items are what's on the 3rd version)
One of the documentaries on the disc covers all of the deleted material.
Hope this helps.

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator
Rob:

I am telling you this by memory, so take it with a grain of salt:

If you want to access the longest cut of the movie, there is a sequence of numbers you have to type at the main menu selection, which is the date of the nuclear holocaust in the movie. But the manner to do it varies with different DVD players, so is tricky. But simply start the movie and using your remote, change to Title 3, and voila (Title 1 is the Theatrical Cut, and Title 2 the Director's Cut). Check with the "display" button of you remote to compare the running times of the various cuts.

If you only want to see the individual scenes, there is a section in the documentary (which is a bit cumbersome the way is broken in pieces, in my opinion), that deals with these scenes.

How can they fit three versions of the movie and the various audio tracks: two words - Seamless Branching.

JC

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The scenes are also in the deleted scenes area. It should be noted that the hidden version of the film is NOT a director's cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks