What's new

T2 Half bit rate DTS or full Bit rate DTS (1 Viewer)

lakshmant

Agent
hi,
the uk and us release of the SE have DTS tracks at 768 KBPS but i read a listing of titles with DTS bitrates that a pioneer LDC disc of R2 japan has a movie only version of t2 and a full bitrate DTS track of 1536 kbps.

i saw this disc at yesasia.com

can anyone confirm that it does have the full bit rate DTS track and what would be difference in the 768 and 1536 full bit rate track i already own the momentum release of T2 2disc with DTS .

please help me on this also i got black hawk down 3 disc superbit R3 with dts at the above site good service so far .

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Do not get the R2J movie only version of T2. Though it indeed has a full bitrate DTS track of 1536 kbps, the dts track is not on par with the half bitrate ones found on various versions out there.

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Charlie

Based on what?? Do you have a link for a compare for these 2 versions? Thanks

Brett C

Second Unit
I'd say that the fullrate track found on the R2 Japanese disc is not as good as the half rate track featured on the ultimate edition versions,(I own both). For a simple reason, the fullrate track features the original discrete cinema mix,while the soundtrack was remixed by the films sound designer Gary Rydstrom, for the Ultimate Edition release.When comparing them A-B,the original mix sounds very dated and flat by comparison,with the ultimate ed mix featuring loads of new lowend content and repurposed sound effect steering thats very noticable because its absent in the fullrate mix in quite a lot of the scenes its featured prominately in the ultimate ed mix. One area that the fullrate still shows through is in the resolution of the music, which does in some instances comeout in top, but the overall clarity and beefed up bass content of the Half rate mix featured on the Ultimate Edition is favourable in my opinion...

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't like the DTS in Ultimate edition at all. And I am a DTS fan. Comparing to the regular version, I found no difference between DTS and Dolby track in regular version. the Ultimate has more bass and that's it. Thanks Brett for your input.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator

Based on the posts I read on another forum, which is in Chinese. I don't have a link. But that poster has all of the different versions (R1, R2 Japan, R2 French, you name it) released up to date, including LDs.

The R2 Japanese disc's full bitrate dts is from a much older source and is not on par with the R1 UE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks