T2 extreme wont play in my DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Greg Patterson, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Greg Patterson

I bought the new T2 extreme edition DVD and when I put disk 1 in my player I got an error message that said something like " cant play this type of disk " . My player is a Panasonic DVD A120. It is about 3 yrs old. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is this disk only compatible with newer players?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Your player is a classic, unfortunately some of these newer complex discs won't play in every player. I'm surprised to hear the A120 has problems playing it... try contacting Panasonic. Maybe even ask them for a coupon for a new player. [​IMG] Pana's progressive models can be bought for $89 now so it wouldn't hurt too much to just get a new one.

3. Greg Patterson

Thanks for your reply Scott. I will call Panasonic and see if they can help, if not I'll try that coupon thing.
    This may be a good excuse to upgrade!

4. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Did you try the disc on another player? Did you try another copy?

5. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

I second the motion to try another copy of the dvd or try another dvd player. I just through my copy of T2 Extreme into my old Panasonic A-110 the model before the A-120 and it fired up without a problem or error message. You may just have a dvd and not player.

Greg