What's new

T2: Extreme Edition info (1 Viewer)

dan fritzen

Second Unit
A DVD player with progressive component output is far better than the s-video output you find on many PC VGA cards; but if your TV/projector has an RGB input then a PC is going to give you much better resolution.
Of course to get the HD DVD to your TV will require a DVI connection, I doubt most people buying this for the HD DVD will use a s-video connection.

Chris Purvis

Stunt Coordinator
Of course to get the HD DVD to your TV will require a DVI connection
that is incorrect. There is no reason you could not view the HD version if your display has a VGA HD15 or RGBHV inputs.

DVI gets you an all-digital signal path from source to display, but many HD displays utilize RGBHV or VGA inputs.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
OK just a question about the Transfer of Terminator 2 UE;
Why is it that almost every explosion appear almost pink?
Is this the film stock they used, fault?
Or is it over saturated?
Anybody noticed this?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Was this new 1080p transfer of the extended cut supervised by Cameron at Lightstorm using the best new HD telecine scanners, or by some telecine drone hired by Artisan like with Stargate UE?

If it's the former, I have some hope. If it's the latter, uh oh...

Dan

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I recently sold my UE on Ebay in anticipation of the Extreme Edition, but I never noticed any pink. Make sure your settings are correct.

ErikN

Grip
I read at some DVD site that the commentary is one by cast and crew ( between 20 and 30 people ). I don't think that bodew well for a complete commentary by James Cameron.
Any thoughts?
ErikN

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Why did you sell your Ultimate Edition? Don't you want to be able to watch all the great features on that DVD anymore?
Arthur,

I wasn't too impressed with the features. I am more concerned about the video and audio transfer which is surely to be better on the Extreme Edition.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I second that Stargate UE's transfer was flawless. If only companies would spend less time re-releasing stuff like Terminator 2 and more time on, oh, say... Office Space or Frighteners (Ridiculous Editions). :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks