What's new

T2: Extreme Edition info (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
You know what I was thinking? If James Cameron has taken time to re-do a T2 DVD that was already great in the first place, WHY CAN'T HE REDO TITANIC WHOSE DVD SUCKED?

P and SO

Agent
Real Name
Truls
No Guns'n'Roses video? Thank god :D

Joking aside, I really wasn't planning on double-dipping this one, but that commentary is mighty tempting.

And I agree with you Adam, why not make an effort to release a Titanic SE worth buying?

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I'll pass on it. Losing the DTS and no branching are enough for me to be satisfied with what I have. My next purchase for this title will be in Hi-Def.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
No, no, no! Only a free Terminator would convince me to buy this AGAIN! Seriously though, it loses marks for not including the theatrical version (as implied in the article above). If there's one thing I hate, it's numerous versions of one frickin' movie clogging up my shelf space. I've already said no to quite a few Superbits, and this one will be no different. Unless I can get it really cheap...:D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know if the Cameron Commentary is actually going to be screen specific? I don't like the pieced together from interviews "Commentary" quite as much

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
this could be good as there was not a lot of faith in this rerelease so perhaps they are going to surprise us with a Titanic SE soon and perhaps a James Cameron commentary as well.

:D

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
And don't forget guys, the 5-Star Ludicrous Edition will have a special liquid metal cover, which allows you to have whatever limited-edition number you want. :D

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
This release still doesn't seem "real" to me yet.

The exact specs still seem uncertain.

Is it EXCLUSIVELY the special edition cut?

Is the picture definitely remastered?

Is the James Cameron commentary screen specific?

I'm gonna wait and see.

If the answers to the last 2 questions are yes, then Artisan should look up the word "Ultimate" in the dictionary before they release any further titles.

P.S. The apparent cover for the Extreme Edition looks like crap.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I don't know....I may hold out for the Asinine Edition. Or maybe the Royal Reaming Edition after that. :laugh:

Kami

Screenwriter
Talk about a triple dip, my god. Nothin we haven't seen before of course. ;)

Yes I'll probably end up buying it because something tells me the transfer will be stunning.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, just to avoid confusion, of the three cuts that exist on the UE, which cut is on the EE?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I will not buy it again, no matter how good it is.

I'm sick of movies being released 3-4 times.

I'm sick of movies like MIB getting 12 releases.

I'm sick of buying the movie, then buying the extras, then buying the new uber transfer with more extras, then buying the new extras with new this and that and preview to the next movie, then buying the new cover design with a slip case this time and a collectable trading card that has a printed autograph of someone yay! I hate carrots being dangled on a stick with each new release. I wish I owned one of these companies that was making millions off people buying up the same movie 2-3 times.

The only thing I can do is not buy it agian.

Anyone notice in Ocean's Eleven that it shows Brad Pit as Cecillia Pitt? and says "and introducing Julia Roberts as Tess" at the end? Thought that was pretty funny by the director. I know it's off topic, but I hate re-releases.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Maybe the James Cameron commentary consists of him barking barely intelligible things into a microphone while he walks around the house doing chores and going to the bathroom.

Just think of this as a 4-disc set like Brazil, only with an additional bonus disc! This can't be a worse double-dip than the upcoming 9-disc Alien Quadilogy set.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Artisan will offer a rebate for people who have already purchased the "Ultimate Edition

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'd have to have someone actually visually confirm there is NO Edge Enhancement on this transfer before I buy it.
I don't know how likely that is since Stargate UE still had SOME.
And the lack of DTS does bug me a little, but the SE is quite long, so I can see how they might have had to drop it for space to preserve image quality, but I would have rather they just put the movie on the disc and keep DTS instead of putting "follow the white rabbit" -type special features on the movie disc. Those features had to be what pushed out the DTS. If they'd split the movie over 2 discs I think they would have been able to put on the DTS track. Afterall, we got a heck of a lot on FOTR: EE. I think keeping it on 1 disc must have been a priority.
I prefer behind-the-scenes stuff to be SEPARATE from the movie. I don't use those type of features because I just don't have the patience to sit through the movie with all the interruptions. I'm either in a movie-watch mode or piss-away-the-day-watching behind-the-scenes stuff mode, never both at the same time. It's not like they don't usually show brief clips during the documentaries to tell you what scene they're talking about. I don't really get why you have to have an icon flash up during the movie to take you right to the behind-the-scenes. I guess for film-makers or special features nuts it's nice, but the presentation of the film should come first. Just MHO.
The free movie ticket would certainly be an incentive (they got me with X-Men 1.5), but with the films continually changing hands between studios is that realistic?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The films aren't continually changing hands

Terminator is owned by Hemdale, which was distributed by Orion until they went under and were acquired by MGM

Artisan has had T2 for quite some time, since 97 or 98, and is likely to remain the film's distro through their Carloco library deal (at least it seems like they have one)

WB owns the rights to the property, so they're the only ones who can make new stuff

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Forgive me for noting this and extrapolating some potential niggles.. but this sounds an awful lot like Infinifilm. Not that I'm complaining, but I'd guess that the movie would be spread across two discs to maintain good compression quality. And would also explain the lack of *cough* unnecessary DTS. *ducks flames*
I figured it was a new name for the Ultimate Supplement from the first disc. It doesn't mention anything about it being during the film itself, but ya never know.

I'll make up my mind on whether or not to purchase this late in the game. It sure would've been sweeter if Artisan priced this similarly to the Stargate UE at $19. :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I havn't bought either of these, but have seen a sampling of the extras on the UE. Call me crazy, but if the EE version has a better transfer of the one special edition cut, I will probably buy (GASP!) both!

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
T2 dvd release after release after release after release......damn. And the picture quality on each still nowhere near the D-VHS version. :frowning:

We need HD-DVD...and quick.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
And the picture quality on each still nowhere near the D-VHS version.
You may be correct, but I won't buy any tape format again and the HD-DVD version of T2 is surely years away still.

I have a feeling the new transfer is going to look much better than the previous release. It sounds as if they are going all out. The reviews are about a month away I would guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks