What's new

T2: Extreme Edition info (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I guess I'll be buying the Extreme DVD, too.

Coming June 2004:

Terminator 2: 5 disc Ludicrous Edition

All new High Defenition Transfer, All versions via seamless branching, Full bitrate DTS 6.1, Dolby 5.1 EX, PCM mix, Cameron & Scwarzenegger Commentary, all new 4 hour making of, T2 3D, (3d glasses included)

Machined aluminum cover

Limited to 100;)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Gee, no Guns'n'Roses video again? :) Eh, count me in as well. The commentary alone should justify it, plus the assorted exclusive extras.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there is some music liences problems with the music video.. gun and roses want alot of money for the rights.. that is the answer to that question. I beleive that Van Ling mentioned this in the past chat.

JACOB

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I will pick this one up if only its a new freshly
recorded commentary with James Cameron. It better
not be one of those commentary's where they edit
old interviews together.

"Gee, no Guns'n'Roses video again?"

Paul, the Guns n Roses video will be on the Ludicrous
Edition Jeremy mentioned above coming June 2004.

-Mike

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Paul, the Guns n Roses video will be on the Ludicrous Edition Jeremy mentioned above coming June 2004.
But of course, complete with all-new extras on making of the previous DVDs and a gallon of liquid metal. Perhaps I should cancel my DeepDiscountDVD preorder.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I think that this is a stupid ploy to get money of of the consumers.

But, of course, I'll be there to get it.

;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I won't be re-buying right away. I'll wait for a price drop or good sale and pick it up cheap. I'm pretty happy with the UE.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wow. A commentary by Cameron is mighty tempting...But after reading this thread you would think the video quality on the UE is just average :confused: On my system, it looks terrific.

Hell I've purchased 4 versions of Stargate...IMO, a very good but inferior film to T2 so Yeah; I'll be triple dipping on this one too.

There's a voice in my wallet shouting: " Asta La Visa, baby" :D

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Thanks for making me a liar, Artisan. I vowed when this was announced that I never would buy it. So sure enough, they offer somthing that I can't resist. They better have it for a decent price on release day. And they better include a free pass for T3. :p)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Glad I held out on the UE. I like a lot of the scenes from the extended cut except the scene where Reese visits Sarah as it makes her character a little weaker. Definite buy for me anyway though.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I prefer the SE of T2.. it makes more sense of the characters specially Sarah.
I think you need to have both edition because the ulitmate edition is very loaded.

JACOB

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That DDD price is pretty tempting.

For those of us who already own the UE, if we get the EE, is the UE worth holding on to? I'm trying to figure out if I should just sell it now.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
looks like I will have to eat my words as I was not going to buy this again. I will purchase this one

:emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Joshua, don't fight.. give in to the temptation..! :)

I'm so there!

Special features in the set include an Extreme Interactive Mode, providing behind-the-scenes footage and graphic commentary providing insight into decisions during the film’s shoot.
Forgive me for noting this and extrapolating some potential niggles.. but this sounds an awful lot like Infinifilm. Not that I'm complaining, but I'd guess that the movie would be spread across two discs to maintain good compression quality. And would also explain the lack of *cough* unnecessary DTS. *ducks flames*

Either way, if you don't want it, don't buy it..

"TAKE MY MONEY ARTISAN."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks