What's new

Pre-Order T-Men (1947) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91uHqbPEUJL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A very good film with hopefully a lot better video presentation than previously provided in home video. This is supposed to be a restoration, whatever that means as the term has been used quite liberally in many different ways. Back in July, I watched it on TCM with Eddie Muller hosting his Noir Alley. The video presentation looked like the DVD I own of it. Anyhow, ClassicFlix has been doing some great work with their releases so I expect this release to have a much better presentation video and audio-wise.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
So glad this is finally going to look good - I love this film. I had a really stunning 16mm print - could never find it 35mm although I did find Raw Deal in 35. Now do THAT one :)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Hi Martin,

Yes, it is $10 than CRIME OF PASSION, but this one is a special edition. It not only comes with the bonus features below, but we've invested in a lot more money in its restoration than the average title. It's $27.99 at classicflix.com and if Amazon's normal pattern holds, they'll likely have it in the $25 - $28 range before or right around release time.

Bonus features:
  • Audio Commentary by biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
  • Into the Darkness: Mann, Alton and T-Men - Featurette with cinematographer Richard Crudo, film critic & author Todd McCarthy, writer and film historian Julie Kirgo, film historian & director Courtney Joyner and biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
  • A Director’s Daughter: Nina Mann Remembers - An Interview with Nina Mann
  • PLUS: A 24 page booklet with an essay by author Max Alvarez (The Crime Films of Anthony Mann) featuring stills, posters and other production material
  • The mono soundtrack has been restored is uncompressed (Blu-ray only)
- David

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Please do less extras to save money to allow for a lower list price. I buy hundreds of movies a year, but I just won't spend this much except in very special cases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Please do less extras to save money to allow for a lower list price. I buy hundreds of movies a year, but I just won't spend this much except in very special cases.
To counter your position, for some people this title is a special case.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Even in special cases, I would still rather spend less money and have fewer special features. I don't need redundant DVDs either. If the extras consist of more films or vintage shorts I'll pay it. (Like with Cohen's excellent Syncopation blu-ray.) But I don't want to pay ten or fifteen bucks extra for talking head interviews and commentary tracks I'll never bother to watch. The worst example of this was Melies' A Trip to the Moon. It had twenty minutes of Melies films and almost two hours of people talking about them. Then they added insult to injury by charging extra for a DVD and then putting a lousy soundtrack on the blu-ray and the proper soundtrack on the DVD. And a totally useless steenbok to boot. That was infuriating! It's good to consider your audience, not just think up excuses to charge them more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks