T.J. Hooker Discs

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JeffWld, Aug 9, 2005.

1. JeffWld

JeffWld Stunt Coordinator

Just took a quick look at the T. J. Hooker release and noticed that there is an issue with the packaging vs. the disc content. The number of episodes listed on each disc case do not match the number of shows that are actually on each disc. This means that the episode info printed on the disc is also incorrect.

It appears as if the packaging setup was printed prior to changes that were subsequently made in the authoring process.

2. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I haven't picked it up yet, but am planning on getting it this weekend. I'll take a look and see if I notice the same thing.

3. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

my set should be arriving in the next day or two from amazon. i will let you know aswell.

4. Steven_Kale

Steven_Kale Extra

Yeah, the packaging is indeed wrong. Kind of annoying, but not too big of a deal. I'm just glad the picture quality is so good. It definitely looks like Columbia put some effort into this release (in the audio/video department at least). The prints were definitely cleaned up and look great, especially compared to the murky re-runs I watched on A&E Network.

I'm curious as to whether or not the episodes are syndicated. The running time for the original 90 minute pilot was about 75 minutes. For a one hour episode, it was about 48 minutes.

Anyway, I really hope this set sells well, because Columbia probably won't release the other seasons if it doesn't. I must own the whole series, so go out and buy it! [​IMG]

5. John Stell

John Stell Supporting Actor

John Stell

These times sound exactly right for a show that ran in the 1980s.

6. Thomas J

Thomas J Auditioning

I gobble up anything that is Shatner related, so of course I bought this set.. and to be honest, the picture and audio are great and I am having a nice time revisting this show once again.. the episode listings are a minor negative on this.. HOWEVER.. a major negative in my opinion is this..:

When the episode "Vengeance Is Mine" first came on in '83, I was so hyped! Kirk and Spock together on a series again! And I remember the "Next.. on TJ Hooker..." promos that were at the end of the show.. I taped the promo for this episode on a videotape and watched it over and over.. it was so cool.. So I was happy when I read one of the extra features on the TJ Hooker set was all the promos.. Well.. THEY LIE! They have ALL the promos EXCEPT.. EXCEPT for the "Vengeance Is Mine" episode! Why leave this out? It was one of the best promos I ever saw and I would have loved to see it again.. (my VHS tape of Hooker is long gone).. it just doesn't make sense.. why leave out ONLY that one out of what.. 24 episode promos?????

Thomas J

7. Steven_Kale

Steven_Kale Extra

Thomas J,

I totally agree. It doesn't make any sense. Plus, I think it would have been kind of cool if the promos were after each episode, rather than on a totally separate disc all lumped together. Kinda sucks, but at least we got good picture and audio. And the episodes seem to be fully uncut as well. It also would have been cool to get a FEW extras, like maybe a Shatner interview or something.

8. Steven_Kale

Steven_Kale Extra

Anyone else gotten this set yet? Any word on how much it has sold?