Systems requirment for Return to Castle Wolfenstein..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Like to put this on my xmas list since I used to remember playing the original on the Commodore 64. Of course, the new one is a FPS but I cannot find any sys. requirements on the Activision site. It's got to be there but I can't find it on my slow connection at home and at work it's filtered out so I can't access it without alot of name->IP address conversions which is a pain.

I just got a new PC setup and working, I am almost certain this has got to be enough but I'd like to check before I ask any of my PC-illeterate sisters to buy this for me.

1.0gig AMD t'bird CPU

256MB Ram

Abit GeForce2 MX200 32MB DirectX 8.0 drivers

Plenty of disk space (SCSI HD and CD drives)

...or if anybody can provide a direct link to anywhere listing the requirements, that would also do fine..

thanks!

Jay

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

From the box:

Minimum:

3d hardware accelerator (with 16MB VRAM) with full opengl support

Pentium II 400MHz or Athlon processor

English version of windows 95 OSR2/98/ME/NT4.0(SP6)/2000/XP

128MB RAM

16-bit high color video mode

800MB of uncompressed HD space for game files plus 300MB for windows swap file

100% Windows 95 OSR2/98/ME/NT4.0(SP6)/2000/XP compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for cdrom drive, video, sound and input devices

DirectX8.0a (included)

100% DirectX 3.0 or higher compatible sound card

4xcdrom

Multiplayer Requirements

Internet and LAN play supported

56.6Kbps modem

I'm running on 800Mhz P3 with 256MB ram, and a 64MB DDR Geforce2 card. Under w98. I'm running in 1024x768 with all options up and it runs perfectly.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

If that isn't enough.... we're all in troubles.

4. ToddMS

ToddMS Stunt Coordinator

I am running a P4 1.7 with 512MB RAM and a Geforce3, and get 50-70fps running in full high quality at 1280x1024- so I am pretty sure your AMD will be perfectly fine with it, btw its a pretty awesome game

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks everybody, looks like I'm set...

BTW, I don't have the connection speed nor the time for multiplayer, would you think this game is worth it just for the singleplayer aspects? I mean, I don't want to be stuck with a game whose only redeeming factor is the fact that it's multiplayer, ya know...

Jay

6. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

The single player is OK, I mean it comes down to the fact that it's just another FPS. Not as good as No One Lives Forever or as gory as say Soldier Of Fortune. It's good, just nothing amazing.

7. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

So far I'd have to say "Yes" Jay. I just bought the game this afternoon and I have been playing the singleplayer mode for the past couple of hours. I'd been playing the multiplayer test for awhile and yes, it does seem superior (enjoyment wise) at first blush. That said, I still think the game stands well on it's own single player wise.

I remember when things used to routinely be the other way around, where Multiplayer play was an afterthought. Oh how times have changed.....

Michael.