What's new

System Specs for review (pre purchase) (1 Viewer)

Dylan Savage

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all! :)
I'm purchasing my first home theater setup, and here are my ideas so far.
Harman Kardon AVR520 receiver.
Paradigm Speakers -
2 sets of mini monitors for mains and surrounds.
CC-370 Center channel.
ps-1200 subwoofer.
I'm setting this up in a family room thats also a kitchen and nook (you know, one of those combo rooms) so the room is actually quite large, but the listening area will only be the family room portion of that room, which is about 16' long and 15' wide. I'm planning to use this mainly for home theater, but also some light music duties. I'm using a Sony 36" WEGA television, but since this is the speaker forum I'll leave the video details out :)
Any ideas, criticisms, advice or counsel is welcome.
Dylan Savage

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Dylan - Not sure what the Paradigm's cost, but give a listen to Klipsch SB-1 or SB-2 (or even SB-3) for your mains. Depending on which one you like, they have a matching center (SC-.5 or SC-1) and surrounds (SS-.5 or SS-1). You might like the sound (then again, maybe not :)).
Doug

Dylan Savage

Stunt Coordinator
Doug, how does the horn tweeter in the Klipsch models compare to the conventional 1" tweeter in the paradigm models? I've honestly never heard a horn speaker.

Dylan Savage

Stunt Coordinator
Eric, that looks like a very good system, especially at the cost! $1099 plus shipping is quite a bit lower than the $1500 or so I'm looking at for the paradigm system.
My question is, what am I losing? Whats the difference? The mains and center have 4" woofers instead of 6.5", and the subwoofer is a 10 instead of a 12. Is this a big deal? As I've never owned a home theater system before, I don't know.
Thanks guys, keep the opinions coming! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks