System Set-up Help

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by jakethesnake, Aug 11, 2006.

1. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Auditioning

I have a Sony STR-DE975 receiver and have recently added Infinity's TSS-1100 to my home theater system. Along with the TSS-1100 comes a subwoofer but I am having trouble getting it to work. I have hooked it up into the back of my receiver but it doesn't seem to be responding. Do I need to turn another switch on on the receiver or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cooney

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

You have to tell your receiver that you have a subwoofer so it can route the LFE and low end to the sub out. On pages 19-23 of your manual, it it tells how to setup your speaker parameters. Specifically, on page 20, lower left, it tells you how to set your subwoofer parameter to on. If you do not have the manual, heres a link to the Sony Support section for your receiver (click on manual to load the PDF):

Sony Support for STR-DE975

3. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Be sure the subwoofer is indeed on, check the receiver settings to make sure the sub out is on, and also activate the double bass feature. If you don't activate double bass the sub will only work when a discrete LFE channel is present i.e. DTS, Dolby Digital, or other such formats that carry a discrete subwoofer channel. Double bass uses both LFE and stereo mixes to produce the sub channel dependant on the source material.

Seth=L

4. jakethesnake

jakethesnake Auditioning

Thank you all! I will check this out this weekend! I knew that I had to be doing something wrong... Thanks again!

Cooney