What's new

System Select Pro-anyone know anything about this thing? (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=234823

I found that on EBs website. It looks sleek and sexy, but the price has me wondering. It does switching between 7 sources, but the specs dont list the inputs it will switch. Looking at the price, I am led to believe it does component switching and maybe even optical/coax switching as well.

Does anyone have any specs on this, as if it does Component switching, it would be a good inexpensive component switch for the sheer number of sources.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Use this high-quality system selector to organize up to 7 auxillary devices. Specially made for the console gamer and easily labeled for your PS2, this professional looking piece of electronics makes choosing which console to play as easy as a push of a button
I don't see anything there that would make you believe it does component + optical.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
the price alone makes me think it does something special. This product is from a company that makes an svideo/rf modulator switch that has 5 inputs for only $20. Somthing other than looks has to make it go to $100.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Sean:

I'd say skip it for either a TRUE component switcher (there's a StickyThread about that on here somewhere...) or the $20 4-selector. Nothing I see indicates that the unit shown will do very much for you.

Then again, I'd have to hear what you're hooking into it (and what receiver, if any, you have) before I could come to any sound judgement. :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The sticky thread is over here in the Receivers/Separates/Amps section:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=110726

I agree w/ the others about that switcher at EB. For $100, I'd probably want to make sure it offers enough bandwidth for 1080i switching, not just 480i switching. Having 7 inputs sounds nice, but I'd rather have quality over quantity, especially since I don't see the need for that many inputs.

_Man_

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
That is my main concern. The number of inputs really doesnt matter to me, 4 is really ideal, but if it does indeed do component and maybe even optical, what bandwith. I just wanna know what this thing has onboard for hookups.

James St

Supporting Actor
Sean, the AA 1154 discussed in the thread listed above may be what you are looking for. It's pricier then the one at EB but has everything you want. There's a lot of info in that thread which should answer your bandwidth question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks