System of a Down "Toxicity" next week Tuesday!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Wong, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

I'm so excited about this one coming out!! I've seen their new video "Chop Suey" on MTV a few times already and it's such a beautiful song... anyone else see it yet? And are ya excited about the new album?!?
    Scott.
    ------------------
    Scott's DVD List

2. Andy Hardin

Andy Hardin Stunt Coordinator

Chop Suey! is a great song.
    I already have the album and must say it is very good. Exactly what you would expect from SOAD. Dizzying tempo changes followed by moments of beauty, and then speed. I haven't given the album a proper, un-distracted listen yet but I like all I have heard.
    My only complaint is no slower song (ala Spiders on the first album, which is my favorite) but it is a very good album. From my listens, Chop Suey! is by far the best cut, but my opinion might change after I get through it some more.
    BTW, if you want to get your ass kicked, pick up Slipknot (went on sale today). I listened to it in my car (I have a 1700 watt system crammed into it) and am still scared by it. Good stuff!

3. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

Andy:
    Hey.... I went to a midnight release party and picked up "Iowa" and it is *SO* awesome. I'm glad to hear you like, too. I think it's better than their first album, IMO. I was blown away (and still am) when I listen to it... which has been several times thus far. very good stuff... [​IMG]
    Can't wait to hear that new SOAD album!!
    Scott.
    ------------------
    Scott's DVD List

4. Andy Hardin

Andy Hardin Stunt Coordinator

Imagine my disappointment when I found out I am on the road when the Pledge You Allegiance tour comes to Chicago (opening night). Slipknot, SOAD, and Cold all on stage in one night, a dream come true. I will be doing business and not raising hell at the show.
    Glad you enjoy the Slipknot. I have long since stopped trying to push my music on other people, I understand it is not for everyone, but I have been telling anyone that will listen that if they want to try something really heavy, give them a try. Most don't give it an opportunity though. No big deal, as I said, it isn't for everyone.
    What Slipknot pulls off is being heavy, but not by just playing fast and loud. I have plenty of stuff that is "heavy" (I listen to some death metal, but have lost interest), but I really feel like I am beat up after listening to Iowa. That is what heavy music should do, elicit an emotional response, and boy do you get that from Iowa.