What's new

System modifications tweaks (1 Viewer)

tim_Neil

Agent
Hello all-

This site has been the best resource in building what now has become nothing short of an addiction. To think... 2 years ago I would have given anything for a Bose, and now I curse them for their hype and overpricing.

I have read a little about tweaking a system so that it sounds better. I'm not really sure how to do this or if it is worth the time. I think there was a cd called avia?? And somehow this would help to increase the wuality of sound. Here is my current setup...

Denon 1803 receiver
4 S38's for the fronts and surrounds
PB12 for the subwoofer
S-Center II
and monster cable all around.
I have the worst DVD player known to mankind (a Lasonic...YUCK!) or a PS2 don't know which one to use while I save up for a better one.
I do not have a back channel yet (6th channel maybe an S-center II)
I guess what I am looking for is an excuse to dink around with my toys without having to move the speakers too much. I know very little about crossovers and cutoffs (maybe a better way to say this is I do not know where to cutoff my s38's/pb12 so that the low frequency is picked up by the sub.)
So in a nutshell... can someone tell me if there are any inexpensive tweaks that I can make to my system and how loud can a person turn up these speakers with this receiver?
I realize that all of this really depends on the listener and the ability to see the current setup (I may give a link later) but any thoughts/feedback or suggestions would be valuable... Thanks!!!

ChadLB

Screenwriter
If you want a setup disc for just sound your best bet is the Sound & Vision and you will save yourself $15.
Also note that for most people with a subwoofer they set all there other speakers to small. If you do get a disc also pick up a analog radio shack SPL meter.

tim_Neil

Agent
Where can a guy get this disk? And what will the analog spl meter do for me? Thanks for the help by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks