What's new

System complete, thank you HTF!!! (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I'm posting this thread here in the Separates area because it's the one board I most frequent here at the HTF.
In November of 2001, I joined the HTF to try to get some information about a complete transformation of my HT. I set a $5000 budget (went over it slightly) and came here for info and analysis. I sure got it and I want to use this thread to thank those who helped me obtain one kick ass HT!!!:D
For SACD advice (and the purchase of my Sony SCD-555ES) I want to thank HTF members RicP, KeithH and Chip E. I love this player!!!
For pre/pro advice (and the purchase of my Anthem AVM-20) I want to thank Legairre, LarryB, John Morris, RAF, Alex Yang, Scott-C, Michael Morhmann and all the other members of our group buy.
For speaker advice (and the purchase of my Paradigm Reference 40's, 20's and CC in Lt. Cherry Veneer), I especially want to thank Bob Peck and RicP.
I did most of the research myself in regards to cabling and my amplifier (Anthem MCA5-II), using this board as a resource. My audio upgrades are complete and I look forward to a video upgrade in 2003.
All in all, I got 5 Paradigm Speakers, One Anthem Amp, $700 in Outlaw Audio Interconnects and DH Labs speaker cable, One Sony SCD-555ES SACD player and an Anthem AVM-20 preamp for a grand total of $6300.
I love my system!!! Man it sounds great and I haven't even calibrated yet!!! Running out to Best Buy to get Avia right after this post!!!
Thanks everyone!!! I'll post a review of the Anthem processor in a separate thread once it's burned in a few days.:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Evan,

Sounds like you put together a very nice system.. It will sound even better after you calibrate it with your AVia and a RS meter.. Good job!

Craig

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
In November of 2001, I joined the HTF to try to get some information about a complete transformation of my HT. I set a $5000 budget (went over it slightly) and came here for info and analysis. I sure got it and I want to use this thread to thank those who helped me obtain one kick ass HT!!!
Alright, who's the poser? Any real HT/audio enthusist knows that a system can never be complete!
;)

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

Great news on your new arrival. Enjoy the Anthem AVM-20 and everything else!

Jeff

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,
Very nice and I'm looking foward to hearing more about the Anthem AVM20. However, am I the only one who noticed no list of subwoofers. If you've been on HTF then you must have purchased some SV subs???:D I also have the Sony SACD player and it is very nice indeed. I hope that by the end of summer I will also be thanking everyone for advice for all my upgrades. And Dan is right of course, the HT is never finished, just almost finished.
Dan,
How is your new Sherbourn amp working out, or haven't you received it yet?

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Dan,
How is your new Sherbourn amp working out, or haven't you received it yet?
Sadly, it appears that it won't arrive until Monday. I thought it was going to be here today, but no joy. It's a damn shame, too, the weather this weekend is supposed to be cold and wet, so it would have been a perfect time to stay inside and play with the system. :frowning:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mike, you didn't read my post carefully enough. I mentioned that I am doing my VIDEO upgrade in 2003. Presently I have a Mirage BPS-100 subwoofer that does just nicely enough for music and HT with my small apartment setup. An SVS PC+ is in the budget for when I buy my home in 2003. That and a new DVD player and 16:9 TV.
Thats for future updates!!:D

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

Congrats on your system. The AVM-20 is on the top of my pre/pro list right now, so I am looking to see your review of it once you get it set up.

I got to play with one the other night at my dealers and I think I'd be very happy with one!

james e m

Second Unit
Congratualations, sounds like a great system! So out of all your upgrades, what do you like the best?

james

ps Let's see some pictures of this nice new set up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks