What's new

System change possibility...need opinions... (1 Viewer)

bosawx17

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Alright guys, I am moving into a new house and debating on selling my equipment that I have now and doing something different. I work for a large retailer and have access to JBL's Studio L series at a very hefty discount, but I have never heard them and I cannot find any place near me that has them on display. I currently have the following...

Fronts - Def. Tech BP7006's
Center - Def. Tech ProCenter2000
Surrounds - Def. Tech SM350's
Receiver - Denon AVR-2308

I am looking at switching to 7.1 and getting an external sub. The new house has a basement which I am finishing and running all the wiring myself. Here's what I'm looking at going to...

Fronts - JBL L890
Center - JBL LC2
Surrounds & Surround Backs - JBL L820
Sub - L8400P
Receiver - Denon AVR-4308

Has anyone heard the Studio L series? It's going to be used strictly for movies and sporting events. Very little music listening.

Thanks, -Gary.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JBL makes fine equipment except for their sub. No matter how large the discount is you will get better performance from one of the many internet direct manufacturers like SVS, Hsu, Epik, AV123 or Elemental Designs. While you are browsing their subs, check out their speakers as well. I know the AV123 forum has a section where you can find someone in your area willing to do an in-home demo of their speakers.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_graham861
Recent bookmarks