What's new

SyFy - The Expanse (Season 2) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
9F3B3C6D-27DA-4CFD-9669-F5957954E6F9.gif

Thank Frickin God (only I didn’t use Frickin)!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I think we should all be very grateful that Bezos is an Expanse fan. I think Alcon has motivation to make a deal, and Amazon is a smart company. They know that a critically acclaimed show is a good investment, and I think it's very likely to go through. We're not out of the woods yet, but my fingers are crossed.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think The Expanse makes more sense for a streaming company. It gets lousy viewer numbers. But it’s imminently bingeable. And it’s the sort of show that seems able to bring or keep sci-fi fans to a streaming service.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well I decided to give this show a try a month or so ago and I've been watching about one episode a night. Finished season 3 episode 7 (Delta-V) tonight and wow, this is definitely one of my favorite SF shows of all time. If this show can't work on a network like SyFy, then really what's the point of SyFy? I'm really glad Amazon has picked it up, though I have a feeling that I'm going to have to read the books before season 4.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, I've picked up this series but am still going through season 1 on blu-ray. It's no Battlestar Galactica, but it fills a void of good noir science fiction.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I really enjoyed the final two episodes. And I'm VERY glad that Amazon has decided to pick this up. There's so much more to this story that needs to be told.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The finale would have worked pretty well as a series finale. Quite a game changer. I’m definitely looking foreword to more.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Great season. Really a masterclass on adapting novels to the small screen (Game of Thrones could take a few notes). Hopefully next season is a complete telling of Cibola Burn (book 4), which is (no spoilers) basically an old west frontier tale.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm still working my way through this series Season 2 on Blu-ray in anticipation of going through Season 3 on SyFy On Demand. But then I check it out and they only have the last 6 episodes. What?! They don't leave the entire season available On Demand. I see the Blu-ray is coming out July 18, but I was hoping to just watch the season on demand. Frack!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Great season. Really a masterclass on adapting novels to the small screen (Game of Thrones could take a few notes). Hopefully next season is a complete telling of Cibola Burn (book 4), which is (no spoilers) basically an old west frontier tale.
I think it will be a challenging season from a budget perspective, but it certainly makes sense to do so. It's going to be one hell of an interesting season visually for sure.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think it will be a challenging season from a budget perspective, but it certainly makes sense to do so. It's going to be one hell of an interesting season visually for sure.

Season 3 had a lot (by my count) of one-off practical sets, so hopefully that bodes well for season 4, which, if tracking all of Cibola Burn, would mostly be new sets. Maybe an increase of outdoor shoots will help things (they could film here in Alberta--it's cheap).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone listen to podcasts on The Expanse? I listened to Ars Technica’s series for the first two seasons. It was pretty great, except when they gave spoilers from the books. But they didn’t continue for the third season.

I after the After Buzz Network’s podcast. It’s pretty good, and regularly gets cast and crew.

Has anyone found other good podcasts for the series?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks