What's new

Swords (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Holadem, there's a famous case (well, famous in neurology/psychology) of a guy who suffered a very interesting case of brain damage from a *model* sword (the sort you might use as a letter opener). An exact description of the damage involves slipping and eye sockets, so I'll spare everyone the full grisly details.

trump29

Grip
Real Name
Jake
A guy broke into my house once. He had a gun so I removed my model sword from the wall and stabbed him.... I got in trouble for that, but oh well.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Something I just remembered. I was running a MA class while my instructor was away. One of the other ranking students was running through a form with an practice sword (kind of a Chinese broadsword, no edge on it to speak of). I was sitting on a stack of mats next to the wall, since he needed the whole floor. He performed a move that involved swinging the sword around his back to clear anything there and then around into a cut. When he did the cut, the blade separated from the handle and came sailing toward my head. Fortunately, I was paying attention and dove out of the way. The blade took a nice divot out of the wall. Fun times. :D

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

I would think that 99.9% of people who tried to put chainsaws on as trousers would get hurt.

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
im currently in Japan, let me know if you want another. I have 3 of the Katana swords, my most prized one is handmade and is 20 yrs old

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks