What's new

Sword play (1 Viewer)

Cliff B

Agent
Hi all,
I just recently bought a PS2. With it, I picked up Grand Theft Auto III and Virtua Fighter 4, both of which I'm totally hooked on.
Since I don't have much info on what games are out there, I was wondering if there was a game where you do all your battles with a sword. I've heard good things about The Two Towers.
Anything else?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates (excellent game, has some archery, too)
Kengo (Bushido)
Dark Cloud

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Devil May Cry is a very action-oriented game where you can get a sword, but most of the game is spent with guns.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Try the Onimusha games. I haven't played the second one, but Onimusha: Warlords is a great sword game, though a little short (I recommend you rent it).

I second the suggestion for Baldur's Gate--a great slash 'em/Diablo type game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I suggest you buy Onimusha. Some places you might be able to get a good enough copy for less than a rental price.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I like Dynasty Warriors 3 the most, followed by Baulder's Gate and Devil May Cry.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Devil May Cry! DMC2 out next month....and as far as using guns most of the time, they are only supplementary. I used the sword far more.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I want a sequel for Bushido Blade made for Xbox using graphics like DOA3 but with real time damage, clothes ripping, limb loss, and 1 hit kills. How cool would it be to replicate the battle on the sea shore from the last part of the Samurai trilogy. I would buy this game in an instant if it included all the stuff from the first BB like huge free roaming stages, different levels, falling to your death by accident, and running away from your opponent until you got a chance to ambush his ass and decapitate him. Man that would be sweet. Hopefully someone gets cracking on a game like this so I can spend all my free time with it.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Devil May Cry, and Onimusha: Warlords can all be had at the Greatest Hits price of $19.99. I like all three of these games. You should definately look into them. Many other games already mentioned are good to look into.

Cliff B

Agent
Thank's alot everybody! I'll be looking into all your suggestions! You've given me a great lift-off point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks