What's new

Switching to perforated screen as an acoutical treatment (1 Viewer)

Kevin Magee

Agent
I have no intention of placing my center channel speaker or any other ones behind the screen. However, I have noticed that when my unperforated screen is lowered, it is like a veil has been added to the sound. I'm considering having a wooden frame built that is about 4 inches deep and stuffing it with acoustical absorbing material and then mounting a perforated screen over that. Is this a good idea? Will the peforated screen allow the sound to pass throught and thus serve as an acoutical treatment? My center channel will be under the screen. I plan to use a 58 by 104 inch screen from Da-lite, audiovision.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
So, if I understand, you're hearing reflections off of your current screen? Or are you losing sound when the screen is down?

Where are your speakers located in relation to the screen? Have you experimented with moving them forward or back?

The setup you describe sounds like it would help in reducing reflections.

Kevin Magee

Agent
Yes, reflections off my current electric screen. My other option is to go with a perforated electric screen. Matrix tommorrow first show, I'll be there! Then, I'll be jumping around like a little kid throwing punches and kicks. Next, I'll be forced to drink a few beers to calm me down!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks