What's new

Swingers/Made (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen either movie, but the $15.99 two-pack is really looking good. Would you reccommend just picking them up or should I rent them first? Also, which movie is better?

Thanks,
John.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
Where is this two pack for sale? I believe there is a SE of Swingers in the works, so I was holding off on that one, but for that price I can pick up both titles and sell off Swingers down the road.

Swingers is probably my all time favorite movie, I've seen it too many times to count. Made I've only seen once, but it was pretty good as well. I think that with more viewings, I would get to like it much more. For that price, I don't think you can go wrong with these two. I've heard the outtakes on the Made disc are pretty funny, though I haven't seen them. I don't think Swingers has any extras, really. Maybe a trailer or something.

~Matt

Wes C

Supporting Actor
These are 2 of my favotire movies. But I think the swingers included in the pack might be non-animorphic. But is still a great deal, I paid 15.99 for Made alone.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Swingers is a classic and I would definantly recomend getting.
Made on the other hand was just OK to me and Vince Vaughn's character was just too annoying for me to handle.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Swingers is a love/hate kind of movie. Either you're going to think it's the most hilarious thing ever, or you're going to ask yourself, "in what universe does a couple of losers walking around telling each other how 'money' they are make a good movie?"

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Swingers is awesome. One of my favorite movies of all time. It's hilarious. With that being said, the DVD lacks big time. First off, there is no 5.1 mix. It's a 2.0 track. Second, there are absolutely no extras. No director commentary, no behind the scenes, nothing. I am definately getting the special edition on 9/24 and will sell my other copy or give it away to a friend.

I have seen Made and it's good, but it's no Swingers and I agree Vince Vaughn's character IS annoying.

For $15.99 you really cannot go wrong...but if it was me, I would rather spend $20 for a good SE of Swingers than $15.99 for these two disks.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen both and love them. Swingers is a better movie though. I think VV did a great job in Made. The fact that his character was so annoying is what makes the movie funny. To like VV in made you have to like that uncomfortable feeling you get when a movie character does something so stupid that it makes you laugh. The outtakes of Vince and Jon with Peter Faulk are fantastic.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I need to chime in here...

$15.99 is a decent deal, but Made was reduced and can be found for under $10 and the new Swingers can be preordered for under $14 which comes to around $24, so it is up to you if the couple months and $8 is worth it.

the DVD lacks big time. First off, there is no 5.1 mix. It's a 2.0 track. Second, there are absolutely no extras. No director commentary, no behind the scenes, nothing.
For one, Swingers was not recorded in 5.1, and I don't believe that the new disc will be 5.1, but I may be wrong. More importantly the three year old disc is non-anamorphic, and the new one is. You are correct about the extras, but the new disc will remedy that.

As for Made, great disc, very good movie. I for one that Vince was absolutely hilarious...

-Chad

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Watching Vince Vaughn in Made gave me the same feeling as the 'message' scene in Swingers. It was just uncomfortable. That said, Swingers is one of my favourite movies ever and Made was pretty good. I say buy Made cheap and wait for the Swingers SE but don't watch Made until after you have seen Swingers. There are a few homages to Swingers in Made.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
For one, Swingers was not recorded in 5.1, and I don't believe that the new disc will be 5.1, but I may be wrong.
Chad, you are correct.:frowning: I realize that the original release was 2.0, but seeing as they have been able to create 5.1 mixes for previously released 2.0 titles (Robocop comes to mind as does the re-release of Terminator), I was hoping they would do it for this release as well.
Oh well, I guess we can't have everything. Not that there could have been a lot of surround activity in this one anyway.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Swingers: Truely a great comedy. True classic.

Made: Vince Vaughn is just annoying, which is too bad, since he is the movies comic relief.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I love MADE. The Fact that VV is anoying is the WHOLE point of the movie. In fact it drives home the point that the character is so annoying yet in the end is proven to be correct in his asumptions. It also makes Favreu's performance as the straight man all that much funnier. Believe it or not I've never seen Swingers but have heard good things so I'm waiting on the Special edition.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
First off I love Swingers, excellent movie and a lot of fun.

Made on the other hand..... lets just say I would rather be forced to watch Battlefield Earth again then to be subjected to the torture that was Made.

Moe

If you were planning on buying this 2-pack, and selling Swingers down the road.....well, it can't happen.

They are packaged together in a 2 disc aplha case witch half of the cover art being MADE, and the other half being Swingers.

It's really crummy.

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
not to get anyone's panties in a bunch but i saw swingers and i thought to myself, "what a pile of fertilizer crap". Even i could have made a funnier film.

if you want to see something really funny, go out and get "very bad things". that movie made me laugh so damn hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks