Swimming With Sharks: Special Edition - Due June 7th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Lions Gate will release Swimming With Sharks: Special Edition on June 7th. This new disc arrives with a new anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital Surround tracks.

Extras will include commentary tracks with director George Huang, Kevin Spacey and cast & crew, deleted scenes, the "A Look Back at Swimming With Sharks: 10th Anniversary" and "Let's Do Lunch" featurettes and "Shark Tales: Real-Life Stories from Industry Assistants."

Retail is $19.98.

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    "Shut up! Listen! And learn!"

Excellent! I love this film, and I must say this SE is quite unexpected, i'm all over it. [​IMG]

3. Shane_Anthony

Shane_Anthony Stunt Coordinator

excellent [​IMG]

Kevin Spacey was so good as a slimeball movie excecutive

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

YES YES YES YES

Oh I love this film so much and it killed me not to own it, but I couldn't have a non-anamorphic, bare-bones release of this modern classic. I knew one day there will be a SE, and this day has (almost) come! CAN'T WAIT!!

Amazon has it for preorder, as well as the cover:

[​IMG]

5. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Wow just found about this. Awesome! Easily in my top 20 films of all time.

6. David Jay

David Jay Stunt Coordinator

Wow, this is great news, I loved this movie. I wrote in my blog on 8/19/04:

Unfortunately, since not many people are even aware of its existence (including me, a couple weeks ago), it'll never get the SE treatment. But damn would that be nice. Much backstory to be told.

And damn, is it nice. Great cover too. I'm wondering if they'll pull any punches with the 'story behind the story' aspect, or if they'll just hint at it, and say things like "oh, the Kevin Spacey character is based on this dude I used to work for, whom I won't mention or refer to from this point on."

7. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Never saw this. Can someone tell me more about the movie?

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Whenever I try to summarize something, I feel like I say too much or too little. So here's the IMDB summary:

"A young Hollywood executive becomes the assistant to a big time movie producer who is the worst boss imaginable: abusive, abrasive and cruel. But soon things turn around when the young executive kidnaps his boss and visits all the cruelties back on him."

The best thing about the movie is that you can tell it was written by someone who was an assistant to a total creep (to keep it rated PG) like that. That and the way you get to live vicariously through the character as he gets back against his boss. [​IMG]

9. Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann Producer

Trust me David... You have to get this DVD! An amazingly entertaining film, with a much deserved DVD treatment that has been long in the waiting. [​IMG] [​IMG]

A truly must own title for any film buff, but especially those that enjoy well made satires. In this case, corporate Hollywood takes a beating from George Huang's masterful script. This should have catapulted his career, but for the most part, he remains a very modest contributor to the film industry.

10. PaulP

PaulP Producer

This is one of Kevin Spacey's best performances, right there behind The Usual Suspects and American Beauty.

11. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    I remember the makers of this film saying that they had to water down some of the real-life nasty stuff done by the actual person upon which Spacey's character was based, because the audience would never buy it, thinking it too over-the-top...even though it was absolutely true.

Liked this one very much, and, considering its relative obscurity, never thought it would get SE status. Very cool indeed. Now, how's about a SE of another fabulous relative obscurity: MIAMI BLUES?