Sweet Gotham (XBOX) Video.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I just saw this video posted at another XBox site. It's Project Gotham Racing. The guy is driving a Ferarri F50 through one of the small tracks. It's in B&W, but still looks awesome.
    Project Gotham Video

2. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

That video is actually from the attract screen. If you leave PGR on w/o starting the game, this is one of the demos it shows. I agree with you though, that is some awesome driving.

3. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

That's some impressive driving.

Anyone notice the front wheel clipping the tire well around the 40-50 sec mark? Not good.

4. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

James I too saw it and replayed it several times to make sure i wasn't seeing something else and its at the 43/44 second point of the video. Its an awesome video though, I really want this game!

Edit: I just rewatched the video and it happens alot from 50sec mark on to the end.....

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I think it's doing that because the front suspension is compressing too far and it going up into the fender. I don't think it's necessarilly a 'graphical glitch'. It looks like it's more like a programming/model issue not anticipating that much vertical movement of the F50's front wheels.

6. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Shawn,
    I thought that too. (But the fact that we have to explain it kind of puts a damper on what could be a great driving experience. Nothing breaks the sense of realism like clipping.)
    In either case, were the tire's suspension travel such that the tire rises enough to poke through the hood, it would leave me to believe that the entire car (or at least the front clip) should be dragging the ground considerably and sparking like crazy. That wasn't happening.
    I do like the sparking on landing (something sorely missed in GT3), though.
    How are people responding to their cars getting damaged? Can the feature be turned off?
    Kelley, you're right - the video is great. Otherwise. [​IMG]

7. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Your car gets damaged but it doesn't affect the cars handling or speed or anything else for that matter. It looks pretty cool when you start tearing your car up, but it doesn't mean a thing. When you start the next race, your car is back to 100 normal.

8. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification. I was getting worried.
    'Cause I would beat the car to a pulp the way I handle corners. [​IMG]