What's new

Pre-Order Sweet Charity (1969) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Good idea, but I play these as I get them, but it’s been an expensive summer. Alita, Shazam, Charlie Chase vol.1 and several others are ahead of it.
Well, I guess you're not much help to the rest of us regarding how Sweet Charity looks and sounds then.:)

I hope some others are receiving their disc early so we can read their opinions of this BD release.

Reactions: PMF

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I probably should have put my entries for SC under the thread called “Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off”, because that was basically my point.

I will try to move up my viewing after I cut my 5’ lawn that grew while we were away!:)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]I will try to move up my viewing after I cut my 5’ lawn that grew while we were away!:)
The lawn can wait.
Our appetites have been whetted.
Please...just sample one song or scene.
O Canada, do have mercy. It's all we ask.:)

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Ok!
Watching disc one now, with the road show version. The only extras on this disc are two making of very short “shorts” in ST which are not restored, and a list of trailers for Shirley McClain.

The image appears to be pristine so far. Shirley is about to sing “If You Could See Me Now”. I am noticing more montages and freeze frames that I remember from my viewing at the Capitol theatre in Windsor Ontario during its first run (probably with 10 other people in that giant theatre!) and several times afterward. I am also seeing other bits and pieces I don’t remember. Perhaps there are scenes cut out later, or after all this time I just don’t remember.

There are some sound anomalies that I think have always been there. It too is basically pristine, but it is very obvious when dialogue turns to music. They are talking in the streets of New York, when Shirley starts to sing. Immediately you think, well here we are with a full orchestra in a recording studio.

I think basically if you love the movie, you will be happy with this release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks