Swedish Bikini Team...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, Dec 8, 2001.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Browsing another thread I read about the infamous Swedish Bikini Team. I had to laugh because whenever me and some of the guys go hiking in the Canadian Rockies we always say that the Swedish Bikini Team will be waiting for us at our destination (usually a subalpine lake). It helps us push ourselves a little harder thinking of the scantly clad blondes. The rumor has run rampant throughout the mountains and forests of the Nordegg, Alberta area and all who hikes there looks forward to meeting the team [​IMG]
    Obviously, after reading those other posts, this is a North American, if not a global, phenomenon. So where did the origins come from? Why not a French Bikini Team? And most of all, is it true?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The Swedish Bikini Team was something a marketing genius made up for a beer commercial. I forget which beer, but then again that was never really important, was it? [​IMG]
    Somewhere in a box in a closet I have the Playboy issue that features the entire team, sans bikinis! :b [​IMG]
    Anyway, this was a terrific way to use my 1400th post! Now to go brag to the missus!... [​IMG]

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, sure Michael, like the so-called Bikini Team is going to trog their skinny asses all the way to the Canadian Rockies, hang out at about 14k feet, locked up in some ski lodge waiting for a bunch of smelly (I do mean smelly and unshaven) 'packers just arriving from a death march from Calgary on Route 1.... Sureeeeee.... [​IMG]
    This is why in Denali National Park there are the Tourist buses and the Camper buses, because any sane tourist is NOT going to want to be in the same bus as people whove been living out in the bush for the past week or soo.. Trust me!
    [​IMG]
    Plus, the French Canadians have a bad rap down here in the Adirondacks and New England area but that's another thread...[​IMG]
    Jay

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

So what did this Swedish Bikini Team do in the beer commercial? After all, a team usually does some sport or something...

And were they actually Swedish?

/Mike

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I believe the beer in question was Coors.
    Their team activity was to look good in bikinis. They were good at it. [​IMG] I don't know if they were Swedish, but they were blonde.
    This is kind of overanalyzing it, isn't it? [​IMG]

6. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I think it started before that and was hijacked by the commercial.
    Not sure who, but I'm pretty sure this is some joke that a comedian once did and it stuck. Just some ultimate male fantasy of women. Swedes for being blond and well-endowed (as the standard jokes always portray it) and in bikinis because...well, just because. [​IMG]

7. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Hey,I remember that issue of playboy.Seems like I was a freshman in high school so it would of been around 1990ish

8. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

As a Norwegian it is always kinda puzzling to heard about how blondes are so hot, I kinda like brunettes... The Swedish bikini team have been mentioned several times on Married... with children I think, but the first time I really realized it was kind of a phenomenon was the ending of the movie Dumb & dumber... And you guys thought one couldn't learn anything from that movie...

9. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

10. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

11. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]