What's new

HarleyDog

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis Haney
For something a little less serious, I would love to see a BD of this "swashbuckler":

pirate.jpg

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It’s amazing how Anthony Quinn played the dastardly characters in many of the adventure films for example, Sinbad the sailor with Maureen O’Hara and Fairbanks Junior was it was a good one.

The one Quinn played in Against All Flags had a dangerous quality. He was good at playing brutishness.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The one Quinn played in Against All Flags had a dangerous quality. He was good at playing brutishness.
Agreed, with Maureen O'Hara again and added the swash of Errol Flynn on "Against alll Flags"!! The 60s remake was ok, but I do favor this on over that remake with Doug McClure and Jill St John.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'd love to see some of those lower-budgeted Paul Henreid swashbucklers produced by Columbia Pictures get even a standard DVD release if nothing else. Titles like SIREN OF BAGDAD (which features a hilarious performance from Hans Conried) and THIEF OF DAMASCUS (with Lon Chaney as Sinbad & Robert Clary as Aladdin), LAST OF THE BUCCANEERS and others.
Plus a blu-ray of Henreid's RKO "A" picture, THE SPANISH MAIN with Maureen O'Hara would be most welcome as well
Another one I forgot os the 1952 version of Against All Flags with Errol Flynn, Maureen O'Hara and a villinous Anthony Quinn!! Kino did a nice job with this one!! I wouldn't mind a pairing of this and the remake 1967 The Kings Pirate with Doug McClure and Jill St John.

Attachments

• GUEST_f3f04762-1462-4ea7-8fd2-a6b93d2d12cd.jpeg
    GUEST_f3f04762-1462-4ea7-8fd2-a6b93d2d12cd.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MV5BYjgzOTMwNGYtYzc3Ny00OTUyLTg5ZjItNzcyMDM1NWVmOGUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU5OTg5NDc@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BYjgzOTMwNGYt[email protected]._V1_.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I would love to see either of the classic releases of the prisoner of Zenda Film releases. Both in color one was Stuart Granger one with Ronald Coleman both would be well appreciated. I love to see a 2K or 4K remastering of these.
Snappy threads, Capt Cheese Pro / Doc... this one as well as your Westerns. Just the tonic I've needed after a lengthy, life-imposed absence from these boards.

I'd jump at anything with Ronald Colman, with Random Harvest, If I Were King and Prisoner of Zenda at the top of the list, although I'm pretty sure the latter was filmed in black and white. I think Stewart Granger's version is the only one in Technicolor, and I would welcome a restoration of that to HD as well.

Imagine what it would have been like for the cinema fans of the silent era. Witnessing Ronald Colman's consummate visual storytelling, gift-wrapped in debonair matinee-idol looks. Then upon the advent of film sound, discovering the astonishing music of his peerless voice that would transform the most mundane sentences into warbling melodies. The impact on audiences must have been like Dorothy's first steps in the land of Oz.

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Many great and wanted titles on this thread.
A fun movie that I have not seen in over 50 years is the Son of Captain Blood with Sean Flynn taking over his fathers role.
Not a classic as many titles mentioned in this thread but would be fun to see again.

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
I would like to add Fanfan la Tulipe if nobody has already with the great Gerard Philipe who I do not believe is as well known as he should be dying before he was 40 and Gina at her most luscious in what one might term a swashbuckling romp. Available on a very pricey french bluray the quality of which appears to be up for grabs.

R.5612bfb64d91cb0b3e3afb2ae06e5bab

Real Name
Mark Stenroos
Another one I forgot os the 1952 version of Against All Flags with Errol Flynn, Maureen O'Hara and a villinous Anthony Quinn!! Kino did a nice job with this one!! I wouldn't mind a pairing of this and the remake 1967 The Kings Pirate with Doug McClure and Jill St John.
I have the BluRay of “Against All Flags.” Great fun and looks pretty good as well! Thanks to all who mentioned this one.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'd jump at anything with Ronald Colman, with Random Harvest, If I Were King and Prisoner of Zenda at the top of the list, although I'm pretty sure the latter was filmed in black and white. I think Stewart Granger's version is the only one in Technicolor, and I would welcome a restoration of that to HD as well.

Imagine what it would have been like for the cinema fans of the silent era. Witnessing Ronald Colman's consummate visual storytelling, gift-wrapped in debonair matinee-idol looks. Then upon the advent of film sound, discovering the astonishing music of his peerless voice that would transform the most mundane sentences into warbling melodies. The impact on audiences must have been like Dorothy's first steps in the land of Oz.

Another fun Colman adventure flick I'd like to see in some format is Under Two Flags. I don't think it has ever been released on disc. It's been ages since TCM showed it.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Snappy threads, Capt Cheese Pro / Doc... this one as well as your Westerns. Just the tonic I've needed after a lengthy, life-imposed absence from these boards.

Agreed, I think that crossover from silent movies into the Takis was either an exercise in heaven or hell, LOL. That was a pass muster able to to move on into the end of the Takis like Ronald Coleman for example for sure and others were lost because of technology didn’t allow for overlay of someone else’s voice what they got is what they got and appreciate that I love talking movies it’s one of the things I really love about collecting is being able to share with others. And you’re right Ronald Coleman‘s prisoner of Xander is in black and white not color sorry about that. thanks for the shout in the information I appreciate this is why I’m here is the talk, thanks again.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Another fun Colman adventure flick I'd like to see in some format is Under Two Flags. I don't think it has ever been released on disc. It's been ages since TCM showed it.
Or tale of two cities is also another classic one as well but they do have that on Blu-ray format it’s in my collection.

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Has anyone bought this edition of Black beard? I have a Chinese dup but I'm lookng for something better, the colors are faded and not a quality product....maybe someday it will get the love it really needs. Linda Darnell still looked amazing!! Put out by Desert Island Classics..?!!

Attachments

• 661799467629.jpg
    661799467629.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 6

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I would like to add Fanfan la Tulipe if nobody has already with the great Gerard Philipe who I do not believe is as well known as he should be dying before he was 40 and Gina at her most luscious in what one might term a swashbuckling romp. Available on a very pricey french bluray the quality of which appears to be up for grabs.

R.5612bfb64d91cb0b3e3afb2ae06e5bab
what year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks