What's new

Swapping FS for WS at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I recently bought The Ice Harvest at Best Buy, but like a fool I didn't pay attention and grabbed the full screen version. I didn't notice until I popped the movie into my player. Now the return policy on the receipt says they allow exchanges on opened DVDs, but only for identical items. Does anyone know if that includes swapping FS for WS?

Thanks.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
I did this once, although my FS DVD was unopened IIRC.

I just went back to the store, grabbed the correct disk (WS) off the rack, took both to the customer service counter and said that the FS was incompatible with my (WS) TV. (sort of true.) I don't think she knew what I meant, and she noticed the different SKU, but when she saw the actual titles matched, she did the deal.

This must happen all the time now--it was 5 years ago when I did it--so they may well have a policy in place.

Good luck.

ME

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I think it's going to be one of those YMMV things...at my Target store we have allowed the exchange even if the item is opened, but "technically" it's bending the rules (our policy is the same as Best Buy's that you mentioned.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks