What's new

Swapped my P&S with sister's WS (1 Viewer)

The very first DVD that we purchased was Remember The Titans. In my excitement and jubilation of purchasing our very first DVD, I overlooked the fact that the disc was P&S. It didn't hit me at first because we were so captivated by the quality picture and sound. When I finally realized I was pissed!! I was tempted a few times to rent the widescreen and swap it. I never did. We were at my sister's place last night and I scooped up the widescreen version. This morning I'm watching the two versions at the same time, running between the bedroom and the living room! :b HUGE difference!!! I knew I was missing out on a lot, but not that much!!!! Needless to say, my sister will be getting a P&S disc in a widescreen cover!!:D

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
That's not right. You shouldn't steal someone else's better version, you should buy your own.

Isn't that what big brothers are for? Actually I've already told her about it and she didn't seem to mind. She had a copy of Oceans 11 that they wanted to watch last night. I refused to watch it because it was P&S. She said that her boyfriend prefered P&S only. I tried to explain to them that they are missing about 1/3 of the movie in P&S. They refused to listen. It would have been a lot easier with an education DVD disc that would easily show the differences between the two. Is there one already out there?

BTW, Remember the Titans was the last and only P&S screen title that we have purchased!!!

Chris M

Second Unit
Die Hard DVD has a great P&S demo, and Star Trek IV has an interview with Leonard Nemoy who explains P&S as well.

Plus the back of any MGM case has a picture depicting the difference.

Chris.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
What you should do is take the DVD back to the store and tell them it id defective since some of the movie is missing. Then exchange it for the WS version.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got Hackers a few days back and I noticed that it had a demonstration of how widescreen is better than p&s in the little booklet so if you have one of the old MGM discs that would work too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks