What's new

Swans or Rockets? (1 Viewer)

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Hey Guys,
I have cut my my choices down to these two speakers,the 6.1 swans,or the 750 rockets,both of these speakers are absolutly beautifull!
We know that looks are not everything,but it shure does help!
I had got so tired of a $1.500 dollar pair of speakers just looking ok,you would think if you ploped down that kind of money you cold get something very pleasing to look at!
but instead while you may get some good or even great sound your still getting the pressed wood and laminated surfaces,that we all know and love!"YEAH RIGHT"!!
Well i can honestly say i have found them!the swans and rocket line, i believe they the same parent company,somebody correct me if im wrong?
Well i have heard nothing but rave reviews on these speakers,
not only on their looks, but their amazing sound reproduction.
Ok,so we can get georgous finishes,and were talking real wood veneers!AND Amazing Sound all in the same pakage!
So this seems to be a no brainer!
So anyone in this forum have either of these line of speakers?if so i would love to here from you!

Newbie to this
site,Chris

Luke_R

Agent
The story is that the divas used to be sold by av123.com which now sells the rockets, many people who owned the 6.1 divas traded them in for rockets and like them much more. I'm not sure about all the sonic differences as i haven't heard divas, however I own the rocket rsc200 and I love it, I have the 750's arriving today by UPS (I hope) and if you want I can post my opinions on them after I get them situated.

Dave Jewett

Agent
I've had a set of Divas (4.1/2.1/C3) for over a year now and love them to death. I haven't heard the Rockets, but I have no urge to upgrade. If you're interested in both models, take a look at AudioEnvy and see if you can arrange a local demo to see which ones you like best.

Dave

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Allrigt luke that would be great!im not getting mine until next month, :angry: i can't hardly wait!But yes let me know!

Chris

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Chris, what speakers did you decide to go with? I'm sure either of the speakers will make you one happy camper for some time to come! :cool:

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Well bob, i would have to say that i have not made up my mind yet.
i really like the swan 6.1s and the 750 rockets,
i just really need to hear both.i know there are sonic differences,i had read one review where the guy was saying if you like the bright sound of say klipch,you would probably prefer the divas,but like i say i really need to do some auditioning,i live in the pensacola fl.area, so if anyone is somewhat close give me a yell!
Oh and bob, how do like your 750s?

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Chris, have you checked www.audioenvy.com or www.av123.com to see if there are any owners in the area that would be willing to let you audition their speakers? That is going to be your best bet for getting a possible audition for the Rockets. I would shoot the audioinsider an email as well to see if Jon knows of any Swan owners in the area as well.

How do I like my Rocket? I LOVE them...enough said! :)

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
i really like the swan 6.1s and the 750 rockets
Go to the local dealers in your area and listen to what they have. Find the ones that sound best and bring them home for a week to demo. Do the same with the diva's and Rockets. But don't cut your choices without careful auditions. There is a lot of great stuff out there!

$0.02

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Hey Chris,

AV123 announced some killer Holiday Packages today so you might want to check out some of the deals that they have going on the Rockets. :cool:

Luke_R

Agent
Alright I thought I'd give you some thoughts on mine.

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1944

Let me add, that I've been playing with them alot more today, and they're even better now. I guess break in isn't a myth after all. Believe me when I say this, I was auditioning, b&w 604, psb 6t, polk lsi9, klipsch rf-3's,and paradigm studio 100's, and the 750's destroy all of these. Best of all, these things beg to be played loud, never grating or irritating at all. I would say go for it. I'm definetly not sorry at all.

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
Im glad your happy with your order luke:)
I have noticed some of the holiday specials thear running,
they have the 250s "while supplies last"for 349.00 a pair was 699.00.
I was not planning on making my purchase until next month,
but i believe i'll be ordering the 250s tommorow!:)
they'll make some great surrounds im sure,
Oh and bob,im also buying a new reciever next month ,i have pretty much decided to go with the new hk-630,but still kindof thinking about stepping up to the 7200,i have auditioned the 630 and really was happy with the sound,but no one carries the 7200 as a display model:angry:
Im pretty sure the 630 would not have a problem pushing the rockets,seeing how it is one step below the 7200,it ofcourse is replacing the 525.
how well does your 7200 push the rockets?i bet it rocks!!!
Anyway,thanks for the input guys!!!

Chris

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Hey Chris, I just posted some thoughts on the HK7200 over in the receiver and amps section...and yes, it does move the Rockets pretty well.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks