Swans M1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jordan Tracey, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Jordan Tracey

Jordan Tracey Stunt Coordinator

Have any of you heard this speaker? It caught my eye with the $1000 per pair price tag it has. Just wondering if it sounds that good..

2. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

I think if you look at the review of the Diva's http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=61397 someone posted the link where you can try to find someone in your area with the speakers to audition. I am slowly upgrading my whole set-up, but the Swanns are on my short list too.
    Those M1's look like they could make your ears bleed though. Do you need that much 20Khz + frequency response? Just a thought, you could get the 4.1's for about the same price, but then again, I don't know where or for what you are using the speakers for.

3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

AV123 contends that the M1 is the best speaker they carry. It is a ribbon tweeter design, and supposedly very detailed. It is also very placement sensitive and has a small sweet spot. Most people have found the other Diva lineup to be more versitile especially if HT is part of the equation. If you do go for the M1, I would love to hear a review after you get them broken in. They also have an oak finish as opposed to the Rosewood finish that everyone loves about the Divas.