Swan Speakers....Any Reviews or Input??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Alan Pummill, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

I'm getting close to upgrading from my current Paradigm Monitor series speakers. How would the Swan's stand up against say the Paradigm Studio's or B&W's??

Planning on spending

2. Jack Sloan

Jack Sloan Auditioning

Yo. I can't comment on how they'd compare but I just just picked up Diva 6.1/C3/R3. My old speakers were klipsch RF3/RC3. The cabinets are beautiful & the sound is a big improvement.

J

3. WilliamJay

WilliamJay Stunt Coordinator

Alan,

I have 4.1s and monitor 5s in my HT setup. The 4.1s have better sound to my ears than the monitor 5s. Tremendous bang for the buck IMO.

Bill

4. steve mm

steve mm Agent

I also ouwnd 6.1-5.1-c3-2.1 for the money they are very hard to beat the only very slight down fall would be tonal balance and it is very small-I have not heard the rockets but i heard they are a upgrade from the divas and have much better tone balance(I don't think you could go wrong with ither set )One note.i don't no who is selling the divas any more but the guys at av123 are top notch to do business with.

5. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I have 4.1 mains, 2.1 surrounds, and a C3 center and love them. The black cherry finish make these speakers a steal, and I actually prefer it to the rosewood (blends ALOT better w/ silver/black TV and silver/black AV Stand). They still have the piano black top/bottom and the sound is exactly the same. My las speakers were Paradigm 5SE MK3s (predecessor to current monitors) and it was a big improvement w/ a slight loss in bass (AV12 sub takes over below 80hz so that didn't bother me). The 6.1s should be amazing even without a sub.

I'm considering 5.2 mains next and moving the 4.1s to the side and 2.1s to the back surrounds. I'm currious to know how the 6.1 and 5.2 compare, and if the 5.2 is better matched to the center (exact same drivers).

Hope this helps [​IMG]

6. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

[deleted]

7. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Good input people. Thanks!!

Anyone else??