What's new

Swan Diva's vs Klipsch RF-3 II (1 Viewer)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
How do they compare ... The Sawn Diva's 2.1, 41, and 6.1 vs the Klipsch Rf-3 II's ?

Any and all opinions welcome.

I'm 75% HT 25% music, speakers will be paired with an SVS 16-46+, all driven by a Rotel receiver (RSX 965) with 75w RMS per channel ...

Thanks in advance ...

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Well, I just received a pair of 4.1s last week along with the C3 center channel speaker, and the pair of 2.1s I ordered for the surrounds should be here sometime after February 10.

So far, I'm very impressed with the quality of the 4.1s. Not only do they look gorgeous (the pictures on the AV123 site cannot do these things justice), but they sound as good as they look. Excellent detail in the upper frequencies, superb imaging capabilites, and a rich full sound that ought to sound great with your SVS (I've matched mine with a regular 16-46PC myself). I run mine on an Onkyo 575X receiver.

Unfortunately, I have not heard the Klipsch speakers you mentioned, so I cannot comment on those.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I guess I may be qualified to answer this question but I will probably only make your decision more unclear. I have a pair of Klipsch ksf 10.5 with its matching center and surrounds and my roommate has a pair of Klipsch KG 4.5's in the main room. I then have a pair of Diva 2.1's in my bedroom so I have had experience to some degree with both brands. I would have to say the Swans are extremely natural and warm sounding, almost fluid in sound. The Klipsch to me are very clear and defined. It really is hard to describe but like I am, I believe you would be happy with either. Now if you want my opinions on what I like better, here it is. For movies, Klipsch, it just sounds better with horns. For music, Swans, they are just so smooth. Looks, no question Swans, absolutely gorgeous in real life, even the 2.1. I guess I would give you this advice if you want it more for home theater. If you like the sound of klipsch over anything else you have heard (in your price range) I would probably go with the Klipsch. I say this because Klipsch has a unique sound and if you like that you will not find that reproduced by many other speakers. If on the other hand you have never heard Klipsch and are just going off of advice, the safe bet would be the Swans and not to mention they are the only speakers I have owned that makes me feel like I need to ugrade the furniture to match how nice they look. Good luck and feel free to ask anything else I can muddle up for you.

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jed, both confusing and helpful, lol ;)
I heard a pair of Klipsch RP-3's with the built in 500w subs and those were ok ... That's mainly because I'm not partial to built in subs ... The actual sound of the hors was quite nice ...
As I'm getting older however I am tending towards neutrality, so maybe the Divas are for me ... I'm still confused as heck, but I'm leaning towards the Divas at this point ...
I think you put it best however when you said I'd be happy with either, lol :D

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
Marcus:

Having only heard the Klipsch I can't be too much of help. I audtioned Klipsch RF-3, RF-5, RF-7 and the B&W 603S2, 604S2. The difference I heard between the klipsch and the B&W speakers is that the klipsch sounded like someone had their hand cupped around their mouth when talking. If you compare the 2 sets of speakers you will hear what I'm talking about. I don't particulary like that sound but you may very well, if you do then by all means get the klipsch. The only reason why I compared the klipsch to the B&W speakers is that I heard that they (the Divas) are pretty similar to sounding like their nautilus line (which I didn't audition). I think I might too roll the dice and get a pair of Divas because I like the sound of the B&W speakers, and bang for the buck, it seems like Diva is it for that sound

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks